Chapter 261 ~ Land of Living Flames

"<<Protection From Elements>>

<<Veil of Serenity>>

<<Reactive Sphere of Invulnerability>>

<<Obfuscation>>

..."

As Leon held his hand out and cast his spells, a myriad of colors began to emanate from all their bodies one by one. From gold, to light blue, to white, and purple, one by one, the colors glowed from their figures before finally settling down.

He had cast more defensive spells onto them than usual due to the nature of the monsters they would have to sneak past in the Ninth Floor of the Dungeon of Wrath.

<<Protection From Elements>> protects them from various magical attacks of all the elements aside from dark and light. The <<Veil of Serenity>> would decrease the chances of aggroing enemies. <<Reactive Sphere of Invulnerability>> protects them from one instance of damage completely, protecting them against ambushes and unexpected encounters.

And finally, <<Obfuscation>>. A powerful spell but one that is only useful in PVP fights. A spell that could obfuscate mana signatures of spells cast upon them.

The ninth floor of the dungeon of wrath was home to elementals, beings that were born from powerful mana and the elements around them; a manifestation and embodiment of their surroundings. And due to their nature of being extremely attuned to magic and nature, elementals have an extremely acute sense towards mana and extremely reactive to a change or disturbance in the magic around them, far beyond any other kinds of monsters in existence.

Thus, simply lowering the amount of mana they're emanating wouldn't suffice if they wish to go unnoticed by the elementals.

The description for these elementals in Grandeur Fantasia didn't explain such things, and their aggressive nature is simply explained by their extremely difficult to control aggro.

Thus, when Drakon told him about this, he had to find a solution to not only use their usual stealthing capabilities and spells, but to also camouflage their mana signature.

In Grandeur Fantasia, the spell <<Obfuscation>> hides any buff and debuff condition of a player for a period of time. It was an extremely powerful spell in PVP fights, enough to be a staple spell to be used on every start of a duel or a war. But it was entirely useless in PVE fights.

But in this world, <<Obfuscation>> camouflages mana signatures to their surroundings, essentially erasing any signs of magic and spells cast upon them. It was... a spell he would've used much more often if he had remembered about it and experimented with it before. It was an oversight he wasn't proud of.

Leon turned towards his platinum-haired little sister with a smile and said

"Char, please keep recasting these spells every hour, okay?"

"Uhn..."

She nodded in an aloof manner, but Leon could see the fiery determination in her crimson eyes. She was eager to do everything it takes to finish this mission so she could return to lazing around on her brother's lap back home.

Leon smiled and turned towards the others, all of them equipped with their most powerful armaments and determined expressions on their faces.

"This will be the last floor before we reach the tenth and final floor, the home of the Demon Lord of Wrath, Ira. Keep your vigilance and let's do our best!!!"

""Yes!""

Leon nodded and turned around, facing the entrance to the ninth-floor.

"Vyra, Alex. Let's go."