Chapter 186 ~ Playing with the Puppies?

AN: Apologies. I mistakenly posted chapter 187 instead of 186, so I will be posting two chapters this week!!!! Hope you enjoy it ~!!!!

"Fuaaaaaaaaahhhh~!!! Finally, fresh air~!!!"

"Nnggh, sure is. Feels good to be surrounded by nature once again!"

Rafael and Mia stretched their bodies to the fullest, loosening the muscles they haven't been using the past few days.

"But still, I would've thought we'd encounter some monsters already."

Rafael said, looking around the forest of trees surrounding them as he stretched his arms. He was in his adventuring gear and his sword strapped on the left side of his hip.

"Nngh... We're barely in the forest, you know? Well, it might also be because Vy and Leon hunted the monsters in this area and scared off the others. They had a hunting date this morning, right? The monsters must have run deeper into the forest."

Mia stretched her body sideways while holding her staff horizontally above her head. She was also already in her witch's outfit and hat, ready for battle.

"Right. Then, should we go further in?"

"Of course! That's the entire reason why we're here! Well, even if it's not, do you really think we have a choice?"

Mia looked sideways towards the crimson-haired figure who's already walking deeper into the forest with an excited grin on her face. Her hand was already holding her whip, itching to brandish it onto a monster.

Following her gaze, Rafael smiled helplessly and let out a sigh.

"You're totally right. Then, let's go."

"Nn."

Having been cooped up in the Grand Church with the only way to stretch their bodies be training with the Holy Knights, Mia, Rafael, and Laura decided to go to the forest and hunt some monsters. No matter how skilled the holy knights are, fighting monsters was different. For them, fighting monsters was akin to doing extreme sports. They enjoyed the thrill and the rush of battle they could only experience from fighting monsters.

In a way, it is similar to recreation, an activity the three of them could enjoy together.

"Oi master! Don't go off yourself!"

"You kids are just too slow! Come on! I can already sense a monster a hundred meters this way!"

Laura's shout echoed from the distance.

"Geh... She could sense that far? What is she, a dog?"

"I heard that!"

"There's no end to it if we keep commenting on her every move. She's just like Leon. We know this"

"Right..."

The two sighed and quickly followed after their master deeper into the forest.

They traversed through the forest of trees, tracking the monster based on its magic presence. As they ventured deeper and deeper into the forest and became closer to their target, several smaller magical presences slowly became more and more apparent.

They all stopped and hid behind the giant tree trunks separately.

"Hm, seems like a small horde.10 including the boss."

"Really? I only sensed around 8... Mia, are there really 10?"

Rafael turned towards Mia who's closing her eyes and concentrating.