Chapter 237 ~ Rush

Upon returning home, Leon and the rest of Crimson Lightning were welcomed by Celestine and the four demon lords.

"Ah! Leon, everyone, you're back~!!!! How was it?! Was it fun?! Was it strong?! What kind of monster was it?!"

"A-Aura... L-Leon just returned. We should let him rest for a bit before asking questions...!"

Aura immediately run up towards Leon in excitement as Vivian followed after her, tyring to hold her back.

"It's fine, Vivian. How about we go have some tea?"

"Uhn~! Let's go!"

"Y-Yes!"

Aura immediately run away, heading to the parlor, followed by Vivian as Leon turned towards her mother, Lilith, and Sonya.

"There is also something I would like to talk about... And I would like your opinions."

"Of course, dear~ But shall we wait for Vyra? She seemed to not be here."

"I asked her to go and inform Miss Yves about the completion of our quest, mother. She will return shortly. And yes, I would like everyone to be here if possible."

Leon said as he turned towards Mia, Rafael, Laura, Vincent, Victoria, and Alex.

"Hm? Sure, of course. Lead the way."

"Yeah, we've got nothing better to do anyway."

"Thank you. Then, let's go."

--------------------------------X--------------------------------

The faint sounds of boisterous laughter, cheers, and clunks of wooden jugs hitting each other filled the otherwise silent office of the Adventurer Guild's master on the second floor of the establishment.

Sitting behind her desk, the elven guild master worked quietly, unperturbed by the noise, as she prepared cover ups for Crimson Lightning's involvement in the secret emergency quest she appointed them this morning.

Normally, such a thing wouldn't be necessary. In fact, she wouldn't have called Crimson Lightning if the situation wasn't as dire.

But because a calamity ranked dark monster suddenly appeared and was directly headed towards a highly populated hub city between two larger cities, she had no other choice but to have Crimson Lightning, who could travel far distances in an instant, to handle it. And as per her agreement and promise with Leon, she had to create a cover up story in order that would explain the situation.

Just then, she noticed the shadow cast by the couch against the sunlight coming in from the window behind her wavered slightly from the corner of her eyes.

Her hand stopped as she turned towards it when the shadow began to ripple and sway, before rising from it, the dark haired caitsith woman appeared from within.

Yves felt her heart skip a beat for a moment before recognizing who it was. Vyra appeared without a single sound. She couldn't even sense her presence.

If she didn't appear in front of her, she wouldn't have realized her presence.

"Vyra, you have returned. Is something wrong?"

"Yes. I have come here to inform you of the death of the dark storm wolf and five dark wolves accompanying it within the Mooreina Forest."

"Eh?! Already?!"

It hasn't even been an hour before Vyra left her office, and now, she had returned to inform her that everything was over. Even when putting Leon's ability to teleport over great distances as well as their strength into account, it was too fast!