Chapter 256 ~ Miraculous

Sitting on a couch he took out from his <<Inventory>>, Leon closed his eyes and rested his head on Lilith's soft, warm lap as she stroked his head softly, combing through his jet-black hair with her lithe fingers..

The previous fight against the seventh floor guardian of the dungeon of wrath had been the most draining fight he had experienced. While he would be using his divine chains and/or skills in other fights, the amount of mana they consumed paled in comparison with the amount of mana he expanded to cast the high-level spells consecutively in the previous fight.

And the fact that he had to imbue more mana to make it stronger and more effective against such a high level enemy only further increases the consumption rate of his mana. And by the end of it, he couldn't even muster the will to reject Lilith's invitation to rest his head on her heavenly lap pillow.

Meanwhile, a few distance away, Aura, Vivian, and Charlotte were helping Bellona cook their meal for dinner. Though... "Helping" was a broad term, since they're just bringing the ingredients to Bellona and taste testing her cooking to make sure it is to their taste.

Right beside the impromptu kitchen they made from the kitchen set Leon brought along with him in his <<Inventory>>, Freya, Lily, Mia, Irene, and Sonya were preparing the dining table for their dinner, putting some appetizers they brought in their storage rings onto plates, made some sorbets which they put into their storage rings right after to eat after their dinner, and prepared drinks for everyone.

Then, yet another few distance away beside the communal space where Leon and Lilith are currently resting in, Drakon Vincent Victoria, Vyra, Alex, Laura, and Rafael set up the tents and living quarters for their nights' rest in the middle of the hellscape that is the seventh floor guardian's room.

Fortunately, Leon had set up the barrier just like in the previous floor, so the temperature within the barrier wasn't scorching hot.

"How are you feeling, Leon?"

Lilith looked down to her lap, leaning forward a bit so she could see his face over her mountainous peaks, as she continued to stroke his head gently.

"...I will be fine. I was just a little exhausted after using so much mana today. I've cast <<Rejuvenation>> and drank a mana potion. I will recover by tonight."

"I'm glad. Ufufufu~ You were all so amazing today~ You all defeated the Berserker without even using your Divine Chains~"

"It was thanks to Mia, Vincent, Irene, Lily, Charlotte, and Victoria for being able to prevent it from running around so much. I was prepared to use them, but it would've exhausted my mana even more. If that had happened, I might not be able to recover fully by tomorrow."

"They did. We were very impressed, you know? For them to be able to prevent the Berserker from rampaging was a feat that even we didn't expect. We all thought you would be forced to use your Divine Chains~"

Lilith raised her head and swept her gaze across Freya and the others, the ones who fought magnificently against such a powerful monster.

"Mm... They've grown so powerful. They are amazing."

His lips curled into a wide smile. A large, proud, and happy smile, as if he was the one being praised.

"They have. And it was all thanks to you."

"..."

Lilith looked down to her lap once again, looking at her beloved Leon who had fallen silent, and smiled helplessly.

"Don't deny it, Leon. It is thanks to your guidance, encouragement, and care that allowed them to grow this much."

Leon's face twitched when Lilith booped his nose. His eyes opened, looking past her barely-covered chest that was looming over him, and looked at Lilith's beautiful smiling countenance, before he closed it once more.