Chapter 173 ~ After (2)

AN: Inspiration really is a fickle thing... One moment you can hear a sentence and make a whole narrative and story around it. Other, you won't be able to write even a paragraph after reading an entire story. It's not something you should depend on. I am still learning to be independent of it.

I hope you guys enjoy this update~!!! I wish all of you a great day and a great week ahead!!!

Nightfall.

In a beautifully decorated room, lit only by several magic lanterns that exuded a soft, warm, orange-yellow hue, eight women, each possessing a transcendental beauty different kinds from each other, sat upon the beautiful white-colored couches surrounding a white gold coffee table of exemplary craftsmanship, where a warm pot of freshly brewed tea and eight cups sat atop of it.

Celestine had invited Jeanne, Freya, Lily, Vyra, Aria, and Iris to come to her room so she could spend the night with her future daughters-in-law. Lilith invited herself to the gathering between a mother and her future in-laws for the reason she wanted to be her future daughter-in-law as well. Knowing her... "interest" in her son was genuine, Celestine relented and let her do what she desired as long as she doesn't try to corrupt the girls, especially Jeanne and Iris, with her lust.

Meanwhile, Leon, Victoria, Vincent, Mia, and Rafael went to the recreational room and introduced Euphemia to the "new" and "unusual" games such as billiards, chess, bowling, etc. they had there. Since his mother wanted to talk with Jeanne, Leon went ahead and separated Euphemia from her. Fortunately, he was able to do so after receiving help from Jeanne.

However, despite telling Euphemia that she will be fine, Jeanne was extremely nervous. This would be the second time she'll be in the presence of the Goddess herself. She had been told to treat Her as Leon's mother, instead of the Goddess. But that still didn't make it any easier! After all, it is the mother of the man of her dreams, the first man who had ever made her feel this way. How could she not be nervous?!

Jeanne picked up her cup of tea as slowly as possible and took a sip silently, making sure she had not broken any rules of etiquette that she learned in her childhood, in hopes that the warm, delicious liquid could calm her nerves. When suddenly...

"So Jeanne, what do you think about my dear son~?"

"*Cough* *Cough* *Cough* P-Pardon me...?!"

Jeanne choked on her tea from the sudden shocking question posed by the Goddess.

"Ufufufu~ There's no need to be shy~ I just wanted to know what you think of him~"

"E-Eh..."

In her hesitation, she looked around at the incredibly beautiful women around her. Aside from Lilith and Celestine, they were all Leon's future spouse. She didn't know if it would be right for her to speak of Leon with all his lovers all around her.

But then, instead of being uncomfortable like she expected, they looked... interested. Lily, Vyra, and Iris looked at her with gazes filled with curiosity, while Freya and Aria seemed unperturbed and were smiling instead.

And now, with the attention of the entire all focused on her, she had no way to escape!

"Uh... U-Uhm..."

She fidgeted in her seat as her cheeks started becoming increasingly red by the second. Simply trying to form the words to answer what she thinks about Leon made her extremely nervous.

"S-Sir Leon is very k-kind-hearted, gentle, a-and a-a-amazing... H-He's very strong, but he uses his strength only to protect his l-loved ones and never acts arrogantly. H-H-He's also very considerate and kind... and amazing..."