Chapter 182 ~ High-Level Discussions

AN: Here's another update for you guys~!!!! I hope you guys are doing great! Wish you all a great day and week ahead of all of you~!!!!

The banquet to express the Holy Country's immense gratitude for saving the country from imminent destruction and celebrate the awarding of Crimson Lightning was held in the main, grand ballroom of the Grand Church.

The ceiling was very high and very broad with beautiful paintings depicting Goddess Celestine's creation of the world and life. The walls and thick, round pillars were predominantly white, with subtle yet prominent gold decorations and highlights.

Multi-colored chandeliers made of precious stones from all colors of the rainbow were suspended from the ceiling, shining brilliant light upon the enormous grand ballroom.

At the far right corner of the ballroom, an orchestra played hymns which served as a background to the celebration. And on the left side, various dishes, drinks, desserts, and snacks were served as refreshments for the many high officials of the Holy Country who came to congratulate and/or meet the heroic adventurer party who saved the nation.

Cardinals, archbishops, and high-ranking officers, all sought to catch a glimpse and exchange a few words with Crimson Lightning. Not only were rumors of their appearance and strength had caught their interest, but news of their close relationship with the pope, commander of the holy knights, the holy saintess, and the attainment of the legendary title "Goddess's Holy Knight" have also reached their ears. Moreover, they were also famous for their achievements in Arcland and Bestia, giving them all the more reason to meet the heroic party.

In addition, there were also rumors regarding Crimson Lightning's correlation with the dispatching of the disaster relief aid from Arcland and Bestia. Meaning, they must have deep relationships with the rulers of those two large and powerful kingdoms to a certain extent.

Forging a relationship with them will give them nothing but benefits. It would be foolish to not even try.

All guests and participants of the ball continued to steal glances at the heroic party as they exchanged words with the two most prominent figures in the Holy Country with drinks on their hands. While the little white-haired girl seemed to be immersed in her pastries and cakes, the rest seemed to be in a friendly conversation with the Pope and the Holy Saintess.

While they were all eager, none of them dared to impudently wedge themselves into their conversation. The only course of action, for now, was to wait and see.

"We've had a lot of fun while we waited, grandfather. Miss Lily and everyone had shared stories of their adventures and time in Arcland and Bestia. They were very wondrous and eye-opening!"

"Hohoho, I'm glad that you enjoyed your time. Thank you very much for accepting my request to accompany my granddaughter, everyone."

"Ufufufu~ There is no need for that, your holiness. It is our pleasure to spend time with Jeanne. She is a very good girl and she's someone we've considered our close friend since our time in Arcland. We are very fortunate to meet such a kind, bright, beautiful, and hardworking young girl."

With a soft and gentle smile that enrapture the hearts of the many male high-officials watching them, Freya responded to Pope Benedict's words.

Jeanne had grown very close to them, and Freya even began considering the young saintess her own little sister. Their affinity towards light and healing magic, their appearance, and their... "shapely" figure were very similar that people could mistake them as sisters. Moreover, the fact that they dress similarly only served to strengthen their similarities.