Chapter 272 ~ Royal Academy Once Again

Amaterasu hummed cheerfully as she made her way to the grand assembly hall of the Royal Academy of Arcland she was attending.

On her side were her best friends, or more specifically, teammates from last years' Annual Royal Academy Tournament who became her best friends. They were all looking at her confusedly, wondering what would cause her to be this cheerful.

They're just heading to the assembly hall for the headmistress's announcement regarding this year's tournament. Although they were excited about the tournament this year, Amaterasu's... excitement was on another level.

Cecily von Lucrious, the daughter of Duke Lucrious and Amaterasu's best friend, looked at her weirdly and asked.

"Amaterasu, you seemed... excited. Are you that excited for this year's tournament?"

"Uhn~! I'm super excited!!! This year's tournament will be super special!!!"

"Eh? Do you perhaps hear something related to this tournament from the headmistress, Lady Amaterasu?"

From Cecily's other side, Silverius von Tyrius, Cecily's fiancee, asked with great interest. Amaterasu's relationship with the headmistress was common knowledge to anyone attending the royal academy. After all, their relationship with Leon, the [Dark Hero], savior of Arcland, Bestia, and the Holy Kingdom, owner of Misteltein, and the teacher that brought him, Cecily, and their class to victory in last year's tournament, was known to all.

It wouldn't be weird for her to have heard of some secrets about the tournament this year from the headmistress.

"Fufufu~ Just look forward to it, Silverius~ Everyone should look forward to it~ Because it'll definitely be fun~!"

"I see..."

Kierk von Illyium, who was also looking at her curiously, sighed in disappointment as he adjusted his spectacle. Walking by his side, Julius von Kalisa similarly sighed in the same manner.

"Is this related to the announcement the headmistress will be giving?"

Kierk asked, and Amaterasu nodded excitedly.

"It is~! Fufufu~ I can't wait to see the looks on your faces when she announced it~ Right, Altria~"

"I agree, my princess."

Altria nodded with a slight smile on her face. She obviously knows what the announcement would be about. After all, Amaterasu wouldn't stop talking about it every night in the dorm whenever they're together. She was... too excited about being able to spend time with her future husband and friends in the academy.

"...Even Altria knows about it. Now I can't help but feel super curious..."

Cecily grumbled, crossing her arms under her bountiful chest, as she frowned at Amaterasu.

But even her expression couldn't budge Amaterasu's resolve to keep it a secret. She wanted to see their shocked expression after all~ It won't be good to spoil such a surprise early~

Soon, they arrived at the grand assembly hall. Many students have already gathered in the hall and taken their seats. Conversations, excited chattings, and hushed whispers about their speculation regarding this year's tournament spread amongst the students. Rumors about how special it would be had already spread amongst the entire student body.

And because it seemed to have originated from the divine fox princess, who was close with the headmistress, the rumors have gained more credibility and increased their curiosity and excitement.