Chapter 189 ~ Leon's Intention

"It has been very long since our last meeting. It is a pleasure to welcome you in Bestia once again, Goddess Celestine, Leon Misteltein, and Vyra Misteltein. It is our pleasure to also welcome Vincent Misteltein, Victoria Misteltein, and Demon Lord of Lust, Lilith, to our humble abode."

Amenominakanushi bowed in reverence, followed by Izanagi and Izanami to her sides. A beautiful smile adorning her stunning face.

"Ufufufu~ I missed you as well, Ameno~ Thank you for agreeing to welcome us on such short notice~"

"We are grateful for your kind words. It is all of our honor and pleasure to welcome the Goddess, her family, and her friend."

Amenominakanushi replied as she raised her head. Her voice was calm, yet, the blush on her cheeks were visible even under this dim light. Her eyes were shining in excitement and her entire body brimming with happiness.

At a glance, she showed a flawless show of elegance, polished by the hundreds of years of being Bestia and the Divine Fox's revered Ancestor. After all, her descendants and children of her best friend are here now. She couldn't show such a disgraceful side to her.

But, her excitement was still apparent from how unsteady her aura was. She was simply holding back from expressing her elation. Moreover, all nine of her tails were swaying happily behind her.

"Ufufufu~ Then, Lilith and I will stay here until you finish your business. Will that be okay, Ameno~?"

"Of course."

In response to her words, Izanagi and Izanami bowed their heads once again in show of reverence and welcome to the Goddess and her friend.

"There is no need for worries, mother. We shall return to Oratio once we finish our business so please take your time and contact me once you wish to return. I shall escort you and Lilith back."

It has been a while since his mother met her best friend, so Leon wanted her to enjoy her time with Amenominakanushi more. It would be for the best for both of them.

"Oh my~ Ufufufu~ Thank you~! Then, I will take up on your offer, dear~"

"Thank you very much."

Amenominakanushi also smiled brilliantly at Leon.

"Then, we shall make our excuse."

Leon turned towards Izanagi and Izanami and exchanged gazes.

"Follow me. I shall tell you a secret path out of the castle."

"Thank you very much. We will be in your care."

Izanagi and Izanami opened the large door and led Leon, Vyra, Vincent, and Victoria down the secret staircase.

They walked down the wooden staircase. It was only two people wide with wooden walls on either side. Small, orange flames floating within the lanterns that hung on the wall illuminate the staircase with a warm, orange light. This much light was enough for divine foxes and other beastmen races to see clearly. But, it was barely enough for a normal human to make out the steps. That said, such a dim environment did not pose a problem for Leon and the others.

As they walked down in silence, Izanagi suddenly began to speak.

"It seems like your shop is steadily proceeding towards its opening."

"Yes. Thanks to Sir Tsukuyomi's help, we are able to find a strategic location and talents for our future staff."

Located at the edge of the Noble's district, where both nobles and commoners would frequently visit and walk pass, Misteltein managed to secure such a strategic business location through the help of the crown prince of the Royal Family.