Chapter 135.2 ~ Monsters of Sin

AN: Hey guys~ Hope you guys enjoy this chapter~!

After the heated confession from the shrine maiden princess, the new couple, especially Amaterasu, became too distracted for the meeting. She would dazedly stare at the figure of her future husband and be totally disconnected from the meeting. She was still in her own world, and her gaze full of affection, in turn, distracted Leon as well. In the end, the king suggested the meeting be suspended for a moment for them to take a short break.

When they returned, the two were visibly calmer. Though Amaterasu would steal a glance at him once in a while, she did make an effort to keep her attention in the meeting.

None of them, however, noticed the longing gaze in Irene's eyes. The only ones who realized this was Freya, and a smile curled on her lips as she started formulating a plan for the two.

"Well then, let us move on and start our discussion."

"Before that, your majesty. What was your second question? I believe you wanted to ask me two."

"Ah, that's right."

Deep inside, Arthur became hesitant to ask this question. It might invade his privacy even more than the question regarding his ability to mystify, and he didn't want to do that to his future son-in-law. Everyone has a past they wanted to keep secret. Moreover, Leon had obtained his complete trust. Not only had he done countless things for Arcland, he had saved his daughter and had shown his character and trustworthiness time and time again. Leon was a man worthy of his trust, and that is also why he was worthy for his little princess. However as a king, he couldn't disregard a Goddess's descent. The man blessed by Goddess Celestine cast such a powerful spell; Even if they were mistaken, he must confirm the truth.

"That last spell... When you cast the spell that killed that monster, the figure of Goddess Celestine seemed to descend from the heavens and embraced you in her arms. Was that the effect of your spell, or was it... something else?"

The atmosphere went stagnant, everyone bated in anticipation for the answer. Ever since they saw the Goddess's figure embracing Leon, they've all wondered what that phenomenon meant. Before hearing about the prophecy, their guesses were as good as Arthur's. But now, a new and most probable theory came to mind. That phenomenon might be proof of the Goddess's blessings.

However, the Goddess's expression at that moment was so gentle and loving. Her benevolence and endless kindness were, needless to say, a matter of fact. But when she embraced Leon, it felt different. Her gaze and actions seemed very... motherly, and they noticed a trace of sadness beneath her gentle smile.

Leon fell into silence, and this would be the first time they saw him truly shaken. He frowned deeply and fell into deep thought. The sensation he felt when he used <<Goddess's Judgement>>... He knew that it was the same sensation he felt in that dream. But up until now, he couldn't find out what it was or why the Goddess would appear in his dream. Was it simply because he had [The Man Blessed by Goddess] title? This would indeed explain his ability to "Mystify" and being the prophesied hero. But it wouldn't explain why he would feel so... safe and comfortable in her motherly embrace.

"I don't know..."

"Hm?"

"I... I'm not aware of the reason why the Goddess's figure embraced me. Though it was the first time I've cast that spell, I know for a fact that it wouldn't cause such a phenomenon. But..."