Chapter 138 ~ Melancholy

AN: One whole chapter for this week~!!! Hope you guys enjoy this chapter XD!!!

A week has passed since the meeting in Crimson Lightning's mansion.

Unfortunately, they didn't obtain much new information about the dark monsters or the demon lord. The number of sighting reports or engagements with the dark monsters received by the guild didn't decrease, but neither did they increase which limits their investigations to gain more information. However, considering the average strength of the dark monsters, each of which is on par with a strong Rank B adventurer party, and the number and strength of adventurers and guards, wishing for more dark monsters to appear would result in more casualties which would defeat their original purpose to protect the people.

Leon, Alex, and Vyra had also been investigating the forests near the academy and outside the royal capital, hoping they could see a monster turning into a dark monster or find a clue as to how regular monsters turn into dark monsters. With their speed, they could go back and forth the forests in less than an hour and investigate everything they needed before the day ends. Unfortunately, their investigations resulted in null as they failed to witness any dark monsters' transformation or find any clues related to them.

Throughout the last few days, Leon spent most of his time with the dark monster investigations, managing Misteltein, having meetings with Arthur, Darius, Silverio, and Yves regarding the dark monsters, developing various magical items that will help his friends fight against the dark monsters, and making special magic rings for Aria, Iris, and Amaterasu. They were the magic rings enchanted with <<Storage>> magic, various passive defensive spells, active barrier spells, and also act as mana storage that they could use in case they ran out of mana. They were similar to Freya, Lily, and Vyra's in design and all of them had their and Leon's initials engraved. Aria's had "LM x AA", Iris's had "LM x IV", while Amaterasu's had "LM x A". In terms of appearance and magical power, these rings, which weren't even engagement rings Leon will give to them in the near future, could be easily considered as national treasures. Even disregarding the <<Storage>> spell that could make it a national treasure, the defensive capabilities it offers were extremely powerful. With it, they wouldn't even need to fear sudden magic and physical attacks from assassins, dark monsters, or even the Chimera of Pride. Leon, of course, kept it secret from Aria, Iris, and Amaterasu so he could surprise them.

The days went by quietly. However, there was something that had been bothering him in the back of his mind ever since the battle with the Chimera of Pride. Ever since he used his EX Skill <<Goddess's Judgement>>, he felt as if a weight had been lifted from his chest. While it would've normally given him a sense of relief, he instead felt confused. Why did he feel like this? The warmth he felt, the calming and comfortable sensation he experienced as the brilliant golden light shined over him, they were all something he couldn't understand and forget. It was different from the warmth he felt from the love he received from his lovers. It wasn't the warmth he received from his friends as well. If he had to pick the feeling that closely resembles it the most, then it would be when Arthur, Sears, Verand, and Lydia called him their son. Even then, it wasn't as intense as how he felt currently.

He had tried asking Freya, Lily, and Mia, and they told him it was the feeling when a child receives love from their parents. Based on his description of the feeling, the moments in which he felt it, and the fact that he never experienced such a thing before, their answer made sense. But it didn't explain why he would feel that when casting the <<Goddess's Judgement>>. Could it be due to the fact that he was basked in the holy light of the world's "Mother"?