Chapter 163 ~ Farewell Party (2)

AN: Been reading "To be a power in the shadows" recently. It's kinda like Overlord with how OP the protagonist is and how his every little mindless action was perceived as a sophisticated and ingenious move. The lines are very "Chuunibyou"  and cringe, but it fits into the story since it makes him look like a great villain in the eyes of the other characters. The web novel is kinda on the lesser end since it is cut out into little chunks and jumps from scene to scene. It seemed to replicate Maruyama Kugane-sensei's writing, but to a slightly lesser degree. Still, a recommendation to read the manga for those who like funny, chuunibyou stuff and occasional cool Protagnoist OP moments.

I hope you enjoy the chapter this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leon and Irene arrived before the second grand ball of the academy hand in hand with their fingers intertwined. It was located on the left wing of the Royal Academy's main building and was normally used for smaller events in the academy.

Compared to the main grand ball which was used to welcome dignitaries, or even royalties, and other grander school events, it was comparably smaller since it is integrated into the main building of the royal academy while the main grand ball had its own building. However, space was its only difference. The facilities and appearance of both balls were almost similar in level; grand and luxurious.

"Ufufufu~ The children have been working hard to prepare for this. Are you looking forward to it?"

"Of course. It has been a while since I last saw them, and I left without giving them a proper farewell as well. Though it is not like I will never see them again, I'd still like to tell them how well they did during the time I was teaching them and to congratulate Amaterasu, Altria, Cecily, Silverius, Kierk, Julius, and Tina for winning the tournament."

"I'm sure they will be very happy to hear that. And you're right, it won't be the last time you'll ever see them. Thanks to you, most of them have become promising candidates to enter the palace as a royal court magician, royal guard, or scholars, and those who will inherit their household will definitely rise in rank. Considering you are the princess's fiancee and how close you are with the higher-ups in the palace, you will definitely see your students again in the future."

"That will be nice. I'm glad that I could be there to help them. They're all talented individuals, and I'm sure Julia, Sir Verand, Silverio, and Sir Darius will be happy to welcome each and every one of them."

"Yes. Well then, let's not wait any longer. I'm sure they've all been waiting."

"Okay. Let's go then."

Leon pushed open the large mahogany wooden doors and immediately, the bright, shimmering light of the crystal chandelier hanging down the tall ceiling filled his sight. Everything around him glittered so brightly, starkly contrasting the dark hall he was in after the sun had set.

There were luxurious foods and drinks served on tables and by professional waiters and waitresses that would walk around and offer it to the guests who were conversing casually with each other.

He could see his students, as well as students from other classes who he had helped in the past, as well as the teacher who he was acquainted with. They were all dressed handsomely and beautifully in formal suits and beautiful party dresses of all sorts of colors, creating the impression of being in a formal ball hosted by a high ranking noble rather than a small party.

And from within the surprisingly large crowd, he saw his lovers and friends conversing with mostly his students and Mr. Tigra who seemed to be enjoying his time talking with Alex.