Chapter 180 ~ Sightseeing Oratio

AN: Hey guys~!!! Hope you guys enjoy this update!!! Wish you all a great day and week ahead of all of you!!!!

Early in the morning, with a freshly brewed cup of tea resting above its saucer on the coffee table before him, Leon sat relaxedly on one of the couches in his room, closing his eyes.

A small smile adorned his handsome face as the morning light basked upon his figure, lending him a heavenly glow.

[...and you see! Altria, Ceci, and the guys would always be asked to spar during our magic practicals by this new instructor! It's quite fun at first, but we can't learn anything new from it aside from gaining some combat experience! No, he would teach us 'new' magic theories, but they'd always be something we already know from our pre-tournament training with you!]

[I see. But I don't think there's anything wrong with seeing those lessons from a different perspective. Even if we teach the same materials, it would definitely be presented from a different perspective.]

[Well... I-I of course understand that... Ceci had also told me the same thing. B-But...]

Leon giggled at Amaterasu's obvious aversion from her current lessons.

It couldn't be helped. After all, while Amaterasu loves learning new things, she would find things she had mastered to be extremely boring if someone repeated the same thing. It would feel like she was wasting the time she could be spending on learning brand new things.

However, while it could appear to be a good thing since she would always seek new knowledge, there was nothing wrong with validating the knowledge she had learned and understanding it from a new perspective. In fact, it would serve her well to think of it this way since she was obligated to attend the lesson either way.

Leon explained this to her, but he could still hear the reluctance in her voice that contradicted her words.

[If you feel bored, then shall I help you develop a new spell you have in mind when I'm free? Perhaps this would hel-]

[REALLY?!?! WILL YOU REALLY DO THAT?!]

The sudden massive increase in the volume of the cheery voice of his adorable fox princess made Leon flinch and let out a helpless smile.

[Of course. I would be happy to. So do your best in your lessons, okay?]

[Yes~!!! I love you very much, dear Leon~]

A few minutes later, Amaterasu told Leon that her class has started and they bade their farewells.

As if on cue, a knock came from his door and a voice of a man followed. It was one of the holy knights, informing Leon for breakfast.

He responded with an affirmative and changed to more presentable clothes from a black t-shirt and short pants to a black, formal shirt and dress pants before going out of his room and let the knight lead him to the dining hall.

Just like the dinner last night, Crimson Lightning, including Laura, had their breakfast along with the pope, Jeanne, and Altria.

After breakfast, Jeanne and Altria invited Crimson Lightning, including Laura, for a tour around the Grand Church as well as around the city.

They were first led to the grand basilica, located at the center of the grand church, where most people gathered during masses and where most rituals were held.

The ceiling was high, even higher than any other ceilings on other parts of the church. There, depictions of heaven that existed above the clouds, where the Goddess resided, were painted, inspiring awe and wonder to those who witnessed it.