Chapter 132.1 ~ Chimera

AN: I know you guys are suffering from the cliffhanger last week, so here it is~!!!!

A cursed monster...? No, the aura surrounding it felt slightly different...

Leon equipped his <<Overcoat of Endless Night>> and <<Misteltein>> and rushed into the arena as soon as he saw the black orb. His <<Examine>> didn't show any results that stated it was a cursed monster. In fact, it didn't show anything, which could only mean one thing; it wasn't an object nor a living thing. It was a spell.

The black orb grew and grew, and all of a sudden, it popped and revealed a familiar monster. A monster he saw in his previous world.

It's the Chimera of Pride!

It is definitely a Chimera. A Chimera of Pride. It was one of the strongest area bosses in the Sin of Pride Raid Dungeon in Grandeur Fantasia.

In addition to the Chimera's poisonous and acid breaths and its ability to inflict fear and various other debuffs to an area, the Chimera of Pride was one of the most tedious boss monsters to fight in the game due to its very high defense, a common trait amongst monsters in the Pride Raid dungeon.

This could be very bad...

Everyone except for Crimson Lightning and the headmistress wouldn't even be able to try and resist its debuff effects. Moreover, he had to consciously hold back from casting spells with a large area of effect to not endanger the people in the stadium.

There was no time to spare. He had to do something before it began attacking everyone in this stadium.

He immediately cast a voice amplifying spell to stop the match and told everyone to evacuate. Then, he contacted every one of Crimson Lightning through telepathy.

[Vincent, Victoria, protect the royal family. Rafael and Mia, help the evacuating students and audiences. The rest, come to me and prepare for battle.]

[[Yes!]]

The chimera began to fall from the sky, not even using its wings to dampen the fall. Leon quickly rushed towards Amaterasu, who was right below the chimera, and quickly lifted her up in his arms and rushed away.

The chimera's fall shook the ground and created a large crater, despite the enhancement magic cast on the entire arena.

Leon set Amaterasu down as he ascertained the situation. Freya, Lily, Charlotte, Vyra, and Alex were already carrying Cecily and the rest of the students in the arena to a safe place. He saw Silverius hugging Cecily tightly while the rest of his students also seemed to be safe and sighed in relief. Altria seemed to want to rush towards her princess, but Julius and Kierk stopped them, knowing she'll be fine with Leon by her side.

"Are you okay, Amaterasu?"

"Y-Yes! B-But, just what is..."

"...I do not know either."

"..."

The chimera suddenly let out a deafening roar, causing Amaterasu and the others to close their ears in pain. Even the spectators, nobles, and the royal family were affected by this roar and their sense of dread were intensified.