Chapter 276 ~ The Pain of Gain

Upon returning from the academy, Leon, Rafael, and Mia were welcomed by their family. And as usual, they'd eat dinner together and then relax in the parlor to rest, enjoying a conversation over a cup of tea.

Freya, Lilith, Celestine, and the girls relaxed around a circular tea table, relaxing with a cup of tea and plates of small pastries and desserts before them.

Meanwhile, Leon relaxed on the couch, surrounded by the Demon Lord of Greed and Envy, who were hugging his arm and laying their head on his shoulder, and his little sister, who was relaxing on his lap while leaning back to his chest.

On the other couch adjacent to his left, Mia and Rafael also enjoyed a cup of tea as they leaned back to the soft couch.

The two shared their thoughts on their first few days in the royal academy and their thoughts on the students.

"The kids' got a lot of potential, but there's a lot they have to work on."

Mia said with a thoughtful expression.

"I agree... From what I see, the biggest one is stamina. Other than that, their physical capabilities and their combat instincts needs to be polished too."

She nodded to Rafael's words and continued.

"Yep. The only thing that's okay right is their mana control, which, I'm guessing, you focus on during your time in the academy before."

Leon nodded.

"I tried improving their stamina, strength, and agility during my time there but... Unfortunately, it seems like I wasn't able to accomplish..."

Leon had given them exercises that would increase their physical capabilities, but he admitted, he focused more on their magical training since most of them wanted to improve their magical capabilities more.

He thought, at the time, that if they could improve their skills with magic, they could still be able to temporarily boost their physical capabilities through magic for the tournament.

"Well... I think you accomplished it somewhat. They've got quite a bit more stamina than a regular noble kid. And the five kids that represented your class in last year's tournament were doing quite well."

Rafael said, recalling the five who were still able to stand after they finished their laps around the training grounds during his class.

"They're a hard working bunch."

His lips curled into a proud smile as he nodded. Out of all of his students, they're five of the most talented and hard working students he had the honor of teaching.

If they wished for it, he's sure they could have a place within the royal palace as a royal court magician right after they graduated from the academy. Even Julia had praised them for their performance during last year's royal academy tournament and have been keeping an eye on them ever since.

"They really are. They're the best performing bunch during my class yesterday too."

Mia nodded in agreement. Although she didn't show it, she was quite impressed by the five. Even though they keep getting bombarded by her spells, they could maintain their composure and evade or defend against her attacks for quite a while.

"I'll be checking the level of their mana control tomorrow, and if they are good, I'll begin teaching them some intermediate magic spells."

"Well, I'll continue giving them exercises to improve their stamina too. Once they can run a few laps without becoming exhausted by the end of it, I'll have them spar against each other to sharpen their battle instincts and familiarize themselves with fights."