Chapter 134.1 ~ Classified Meeting

AN: Hey guys~ Back to updating two parts this week~! Hope you guys enjoy this update~!!! 

Three days after the Chimera of Pride's appearance and defeat by the heroic, adventurer party, Crimson Lightning, in the main arena of the Royal Academy, a crucial meeting between various important figures of Arcland will be held in Crimson Lightning's residence and home base.

Because of the incident, the academy will be closed for around a week. The official reason stated by the headmistress was that the academy will be undergoing reparations from damages incurred during the incident. However, thanks to Leon and Crimson Lightning's effort, the extent of damage was almost non-existent. Except for a few damages to the grounds and walls, the stadium was practically unscathe. The real reason why they would be closed was for the students' safety.

The sudden appearance of such a dangerous monster in the middle of the royal capital caused the nobles and the few commoners to fear for the safety of their children. Thus, they decided to close the academy for the time being, at least until the public's uneasiness has subsided.

The attendees for this meeting will include Crimson Lightning, the king, prime minister, royal guard commander, head of the royal court magician, head of the intelligence department, headmistress of the royal academy, guild master of the royal capital's adventurer guild, and the shrine maiden princess of Bestia.

As this wasn't an official meeting, the attendees didn't bring with them a large number of guards which was expected from someone of their position. Moreover, Darius, Verand, Julia, and Silverio all easily agreed to this notion suggested by the king as they also believe there wasn't a more secure and safe place than the residence of Crimson Lightning.

That was at least what would be the official and written excuse for not bringing a large group of people if someone questioned them. In reality, they wanted to make this meeting as discreet as possible since they would be discussing a matter of huge importance and highly classified.

Needless to say, the public and nobles had been given explanations regarding the appearance of the monster, saying it was a random and unfortunate appearance of a monster that has also been happening around the kingdom and even other kingdoms.

In normal circumstances, this announcement would cause widespread panic due to the uneasiness and fear of such monsters appearing once again in the place where they live their daily lives without knowing when, why, and how. However, due to the quick response and actions of the military of increasing the frequency of patrols around the kingdom, quests given by the guilds in Arcland to patrol and guard heavily populated locations, and the presence of Crimson Lightning in the royal capital, the public's uneasiness was significantly reduced.

However, the kingdom and guild wouldn't normally be able to afford executing these actions. Increasing the number of patrols and giving out rewards for these quests require money, and a very large amount at that due to the scale of the danger.

One of the biggest reasons they were able to afford executing these plans was the existence of Misteltein and Crimson Lightning. The company owned by the [Dark Hero] himself quickly grew into an irreplaceable part of the kingdom as it had introduced a myriad of new products and innovations that had inspired improvement and the advances of many fields in the kingdom.

Moreover, the company didn't only cater to the nobles but also the commoners. Its products greatly improved the citizen's livelihood, thus, improving their purchasing power, productivity, and health. In turn, this improved their ability to pay tax, economy, and overall flow of money in the kingdom. In addition, the high quality materials of monsters, especially dark monsters, that Crimson Lightning sold at a very good price to the guild and kingdom also contributed greatly to the kingdom's economy.