Chapter 228 ~ Utterly

While Amenominakanushi Garden's peak beauty would be when the Cherry Blossom trees bloom in full glory, its beauty during the off-seasons was still a sight to behold.

Lush green trees that swayed ever so gently from the breeze, soft, green grass that covered the entirety of the land except for the smooth stone path, and ponds filled with what Leon recognized as Koi fishes; the beauty of the nature in this garden truly proved why the garden dedicated to the first ancestor of the divine fox race was the most beautiful place in Bestia.

Aura dragged Vivian and Charlotte by their arms and run ahead of everyone in excitement.

"Ahahaha~! It's so wide!!! This is so beautiful!!! Look! There are colorful fishies here!! Woooww~ I've never seen fishes like this before!"

"U-Uhn...! So pretty..."

"Mm..."

Leon and the others simply smiled softly and let the three little girls wander around as they walked through the stone path with Amaterasu in the lead.

The entirety of the garden had been reserved for them and all the management staff of this garden had been told to take a day off during their visit, as per the decree of his majesty himself. So, they are free to do as they please in this garden.

"It looks quite different from the last time we visited here."

Lily said as she looks around.

"Uhn. The Cherry Blossom trees were in full bloom when we last visited here, after all. This is how the garden looks most of the time in the year."

Amaterasu explained, her eyes brimming with pride and happiness at the nostalgic sight of the garden she frequented before she went to Arcland's Royal Academy.

Seeing Charlotte, Aura, and Vivian running around like that, she couldn't help but recall a very happy memory when she was very young.

She would often walk around the garden with his mother and play in this beautiful landscape. And when she got tired, she would lay on her mother's lap and take a nap under the shade of a large tree beside a pond.

She would always be super tired by the end of the day, but spending time with her mother and enjoying the beauty of this garden made her want to visit it more and more.

Unfortunately, as she grew older, the opportunity for her to visit this garden decreased as the number of lessons and responsibilities increased. She couldn't visit the garden as often. It was only during the Cherry Blossoms Viewing Festival that she could relive that moment with her family.

"Hehee~ What's wrong, Amaterasu~? You're looking at those three so enviously~ You must've done the same thing when you were young, right~?"

"M-Mia?! W-What are you-"

"Heee, so even a princess would still be childish when she's young? Ah, if you want to, feel free to join them. Don't let us hold you back."

"R-Rafael too!"

Her face blushed redly as her cheeks puffed up in embarrassment and annoyance. Even if they're right, how could they say it in front of her beloved and sisters! It's too embarrassing!

She snuck a peek towards Leon and saw him smile softly at her and began patting her head.

"There's no need to be embarrassed. I love your energetic and cheerful side as well, so don't hold back. We are here to enjoy ourselves, after all."

She raised her head and looked at him with glossy eyes, before shutting it close. His words just filled her heart with so much happiness, it's overflowing!! How could he say the words she really wanted to hear now?!