Chapter 159 ~ Return to Arcadia

AN: Finally returning to Arcadia~!!! Hehe~ I hope you enjoy this chapter~!! Wish you guys a great day and week ahead of you~!!!

Crimson Lightning and Princess Aria's party resumed their journey back to the capital city of Arcland, Arcadia, after the short interruption they had in Mooreina forest. This time, however, they were going at a more brisked pace.

They had just witnessed something they've never expected before, especially for Laura who had never seen a monster be not hostile towards humans like those harpies. Even Leon and the others, who had just confirmed Goddess Celestine's words regarding the Demon Lord's stance towards them through that encounter, were still shaken from seeing it first hand.

A monster of sin... monsters created by the Demon Lord of Sins that ruled over the Seven Deadly Sins dungeons, had just killed a dark monster and did not show any hostility towards Leon when they saw him. In fact, they seemed to be blushing the moment they saw Leon!

Leon may not realize this, but Freya, Lily, and Laura definitely noticed the Harpies becoming infatuated by him and trying to seduce him before suddenly disappearing into particles of light. How could a monster react that way towards a person?! Was it because they're harpies of "lust"?

The scene they had just witnessed only created more questions than answers. That said, they still gained significant information and made progress, so it was not a loss by any means. Now, they need to infer and hypothesize what was truly happening with the dark monsters and the demon lords of sin.

In the princess's carriage, Leon and Freya explained what they had just witnessed in the forest to Aria and Amaterasu while Lily and Vyra explained it to Mia, Rafael, Alex, and Altria in the other carriage. After that, they explained to Laura what the monsters of sins are, including the existence of the demon lords of sins, and the information they received from Celestine without outright mentioning her.

The explanation Leon and Freya gave was very oversimplified, but Laura was fortunately able to understand the gist of it fairly well. After all, she had experienced plenty of situations like this when she had to piece in bits and pieces of information together as an A ranked adventurer. Thus, they could get into the discussion of what it could possibly mean.

"So what you're saying is these demon lords aren't hostile to us and are helping us kill those weird dark monsters?"

"Considering the current information available to us, that is the only logical conclusion I can come into. This also supports the idea that the Demon Lords of Sins do know more about these dark monsters than us."

"Well, if they're not hostile to us, can't we just meet them and ask them what these weird purple monsters are?"

"Unfortunately, there is no information regarding the location of these dungeons of sins. Alex and I are working together with Arcland's intelligence department and the adventurer's guild to collect information regarding these locations. But unfortunately, we have not received any hints or leads as to where their locations may be. I assume they're hidden or disguised by a powerful barrier that prevented the adventurers and Arcland's intelligence officer from noticing their true appearance."

Laura sighed and crossed her arms as her beautiful face scrunched in frustration.

"Hah... Then we could only wait for them to come to us, huh?"

All of them went silent. As of now, they truly had no way of contacting the Demon Lords as of now. Even if they requested Celestine's assistance, she had told them that the Demon Lords would instead be eradicated if she used her divine powers to contact them. Moreover, she would need to return to the heavens to do so, and it would take many many years before she could descend once more. The only way they could get in contact with them was somehow meeting them or through their monsters, but both were equally reliant on luck.