Chapter 190 ~ Misteltein's New Branch

Misteltein's headquarters in Bestia is located in Takamagahara, the royal capital of Bestia, near the main street that connects the noble's district to the main street. Out of all the places in Bestia's royal capital, it is the place where most nobles and commoners frequently visit.

The building sold to Misteltein to become their headquarters is an enormous, traditional Bestia-styled building, which was a building of another company previously owned by a nobility almost a hundred years ago before they fell. After their fall, all their assets, including their company and this building, fell to the government's hands and were now sold to Misteltein for a tremendous price.

Despite its once-thriving business built by generations of smart businessmen and dignified nobles, it all came to ruin once the newest head ambitiously and recklessly tried to carve his name into the legend of the company's history. He threw away the traditional values, culture, and history of the company and tried to remake it to fit the "current times".

Coming up with new, innovative ideas and products, gathering money from shady merchants, all the while forgetting his dignity as a noble, the old generation nobles who had been supporting his household, and the culture and history of his household he needed to protect as the current head.

In the end, he failed to accomplish his ambition when the merchants suddenly stopped investing in his business. No nobles could help him as he had chosen to abandon them the moment he threw away the traditional and cultural values from his company and business. He had thrown away everything that made his household's company unique and attractive and tried to rebuild it just like any other business around him at the time. With nothing else left, he took his own life in that building.

It was a foolish story of a reckless and senseless noble who ended in a tragic, and also, foolish manner.

Several decades have passed since, and most people aside from the old generation nobles had forgotten all about it. What's left of it are only the building and the story that will soon fade into history.

At this point, everyone who sees the building while they're walking down the street only sees it as a beautiful building, but no one knows who it belonged to or what its purpose was.

Several merchants and nobles had tried to acquire it, attracted by its appearance but not knowing the history behind it. However, once they learned of its history, many pulled back their offer for the building.

After all, the nobilities and even the merchants in Bestia had their beliefs about "bad omen" and the supernatural deeply rooted in them. This is why no one decided to purchase the building for their business, believing the bad omen will ruin their business.

These properties were similar to the "Jiko Bukken" properties Leon learned about when he visited Japan to open a new business venture. They were properties where its last owner died of unnatural causes, including suicide, murder, fire, etc. These properties were sold at very low prices, given that the buyer is okay with the "history" of the building.

After being told of the history of the building, Leon still decided to buy it. Its strategic location, size, aesthetics, and vicinity around the building all fit his criteria for a building to open his business in. He could not simply throw away such a perfect building for his company due to superstition.

That said, he still performed a "purification ritual", just like the one he did for the Misteltein building in Arcland, and made sure to spread the news to the old generation nobilities. After all, he needed the "image" of this building to not be stained by the dark past it has, and be fully replaced by the image of Misteltein.