Chapter 278 ~ Cookies

The first week of teaching went very well for Mia and Rafael. With the experience and skills they've accumulated throughout their adventuring lives and training, they were able to impart their knowledge to the students of the royal academy.

Moreover, with their status as members of the heroic adventuring party Crimson Lightning, they gained many of their students' trust. And by the end of the week, just like how Leon's popularity exploded when he first taught in the academy last year, they've become extremely well known and well respected by almost every student in the academy.

Even though their classes were extremely tough and exhausting, the results were already apparent in this short amount of time.

Every student who received their lessons had their physical capabilities, especially stamina, improved multiple folds. Their usage of magic has also become more combat oriented and dynamic thanks to Mia's teaching, which focuses on the practical use of magic.

Although it won't replace the kind of experience they could only get from real, life or death battles, they will not be as naive as they would be without it.

Some of their most enthusiastic students, including Cecily, Kierk, Julius, and Silverius, even requested extra lessons so they could improve as much as possible before start of the annual royal academy tournament.

Thus, most of their time had been spent in the academy this week. They've become extremely busy during weekdays, often coming home a few minutes before dinner. And although they were physically fine thanks to their strong bodies, they were mentally drained from how much they had to interact with their students, who were strangely acting as their fans...

"Nnnghhhh... Raf, why is your lap so hard...? Make it soft, dammit... My head hurts..."

"Stop being stupid, shorty... I'm tired enough as is..."

In the parlor of Misteltein Mansion, Rafael sat on the couch with Mia laying down on her back, resting her head on his lap. Both of them had one arm over their eyes while the other rested limply on the soft cushion.

Sitting on the other couch, the one right adjacent to them, was Leon, quietly enjoying his cup of tea while Lilith and Sonya pressed themselves against him.

Lilith was happily hugging his arm, burying it in between her chest and resting her head on his shoulder. On the other hand, Sonya claimed his lap, resting her head on it and nuzzling her face to his waist.

Normally, he would be resting in his room along with his lovers. But Aura, Vivian, and Charlotte told him to stay in the parlor and wait for their cookies to bake. They wanted him to be the first to taste the result of their baking that they've been practicing with Bellona. Freya, Lily, Vyra, and Jeanne were also helping them.

"Are you two alright? Would you like me to cast a spell to help?"

"Ughh... No, it's fine... Just... Drained... Mentally..."

"Yeah... Those kids... are too... enthusiastic..."

"You sound like an old man and woman."

Leon let out a small smirk as he watched the two sit there lifelessly, as if they've just fought against all monsters in the dungeon of wrath and returned.

Mia immediately snapped back, rising her head slightly and removing her arm away from her eyes to look at Leon.

"You don't understand, Leon! If they're only asking us about the lessons, then we wouldn't be this tired!"

"That's right!"

"Hm? Then what are they asking about?"

"They're asking about our relationship! How we met! When we became a couple! And even when we had our... o-our f-f-first kiss!!!"