Chapter 279 ~ End of Operation

After the late night tea party, Aura, Vivian, and Charlotte demanded a reward for their hard work of baking their beloved future husband/brother a lot of delicious cookies.

When they mentioned it, Leon was ready to give them anything they wanted. After all, the cookies he received would be far more precious to him than anything they could ever ask for.

But to his surprise, they simply wished to sleep while hugging him for the entire night. So of course, he fulfilled their wish and promised to spend the entire morning tomorrow with them doing anything they wanted.

They cheered excitedly when he promised them that, and the three "little" girls fell asleep soundly, hugging his waist and chest like koalas hanging onto their tree for dear life.

Because of this, Leon had no choice but to lay on his bed even though he was yet to fall asleep. On his side, Lilith and Lily were also laying on his bed, hugging his arms. They were also not asleep, but simply closing their eyes and enjoying the peaceful silence with their beloved.

To their sides, Sonya and Jeanne were also asleep just like Aura, Vivian, and Charlotte. Sonya had been asleep the moment they entered the bed, and Jeanne followed soon after since the late night tea party went on past her usual bedtime.

So the only ones still awake were Leon, Lilith, and Lily. But since the others had fallen asleep, they didn't chat or even whisper so they wouldn't disturb the others. Though, if they have something to say, they would use telepathy to talk with each other once in a while. Otherwise, they've been simply enjoying the peaceful silence.

The sound of steady breaths and occasional rustling of bed sheets and cover filled the quiet bedroom.

When suddenly, Lilith opened her eyes and sat up, causing her bedsheet to fall over and revealing her hourglass figure covered only by a thin pink negligee, a concession she reached after Celestine scolded her for going to sleep with Leon naked.

Leon and Lilith both opened their eyes upon sensing her movement and looked at her with surprise and confusion.

"What's wrong, Lilith?"

He asked in a whisper when he saw a rare look of focus on the normally carefree succubus. But the look quickly disappeared and was replaced by her usual cheerful and, as expected, sexy smile.

"Fufu~ It's nothing, hubby~ My harpies just told me that they've finished cleaning up the "mess" our brother did~"

Both Leon and Lily opened their eyes wider as her words pulled them completely out of their dazed state.

"Really?"

"Lilith, is that true?"

"Nn~! Most of them, except for the ones on surveillance just in case, are returning to my dungeon now~ Most of Aura, Vivi, Bellona, Sonya, and Drakon's children are also returning to their respective homes~"

Hearing her words, a deep sigh of relief escaped Leon's lips as if he had just held the longest breath of his life. Even though he was already laying on his bed, the relief and weight that was just lifted from his chest made him feel as if he had slumped down onto his bed once again.

Elated by the news, Lily instinctively jumped onto his chest and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"We finally did it, Leon~!"

"Ah... Now, as long as no new dark monsters appear, then we'll only have to wait for Ira to awaken naturally once his miasma is cleansed."

With the source of the dark miasma that had been corrupting monsters all over the world solved when they raided the Dungeon of Wrath, and the remaining corrupted monsters have been dealt with, the largest looming shadow over Leon's mind have finally been cleared.