Chapter 235 ~ Danger Imminent

Morning the next day.

Leon and the others stood in front of the main entrance of the royal palace, ready to return to their mansion, along with Aria, Iris, and Mavis after they'd finished eating breakfast with the three.

Arthur, Seara, and Alviss, unfortunately, couldn't join them due to their duties, but Leon had left a message for them with Aria to convey their gratitude for their hospitality.

"Please have a safe trip back, everyone. Iris and I shall see you again in a few days when we visit~"

"Mm. You will always be welcomed."

Leon nodded and smiled softly at his princess and knight lovers and looked at them closely for a moment, burning their smiling figures into his mind.

He then turned towards Mavis and lowered his head slightly.

"It was a pleasure meeting you again, Lady Mavis. And once again, I would like to give you my sincerest congratulations for your marriage with his highness."

"Thank you very much, Sir Leon. It is my absolute pleasure to meet you and everyone again. I-I am also honored to be in the presence of y-your m-mother, Go- L-Lady Celestine."

"Ufufufu~ It is my pleasure as well~"

"Y-Yes!"

Still visibly nervous, Mavis bowed deeply towards Celestine before raising up again and fidgeted in her spot.

Even after a night's rest, she was still unable to believe that she was in the presence of the Goddess herself! No, a night's rest only made it even clearer to her how unbelievable it was!!!

Even after the king, the queen, and her Alviss had validated and seconded the fact that the woman before her was the true Goddess, how could she suddenly process and accept it! It's the Goddess! The creator of life and the entirety of this world!!! And for Her to be right here in the flesh...

Seeing her nervous, Celestine giggled softly and placed a hand on her head and stroked her softly, just like how a mother would her child.

"Don't worry too much~ Just treat me as Leon's mother, okay~? And please continue to get along with my children~"

"Y-Y-Yes! I-It would be my pleasure! Thank you very much..."

"Yes~"

Comforted by the motherly Goddess, Mavis felt as if all her nervousness and troubles were washed away by the warmth on her head as Celestine stroke her hair softly. It has been a while since she had felt this... motherly warmth.

Immediately, the figure of her beloved mother appeared in her mind with her beautiful, gentle, motherly smile aimed towards her.

When was the last time her mother did this to her...? No, when was the last time she spent time alone with her and just be a mother and daughter...?

Ah... I missed my mother...

She took a deep breath and smiled softly at the Goddess before her with a decision made in her heart.

I will go meet mother when I return home!

She couldn't wait to meet her mother now. She will definitely go buy her favorite sweets and snacks before she returns home and drink tea with her!!!

"Then, we shall excuse ourselves now."

"Yes~ Have a safe trip, everyone~!"

"Please stay safe!"

"Have a safe trip."

"Bye bye, Aria, Iris, Mavis~ See you soon~"

Getting into their carriages, Leon and the others bid their farewells and made their way back to their home.