Prologue

Every man dreamt of being a stud. Chen Yun was no exception.

Unfortunately his dreams could only be realized within his own novels.

That's right, Chen Yun was an author who wrote harem webnovels. He was contracted to Xdian and couldn't be worse off. He could only live off his meager author's fee every month.

Chen Yun was an orphan. He had no money and no friends. He left the orphanage the year he got into university and put himself through school by working part-time.

He had the unrealistic expectation that getting a degree meant a prosperous life, but those thoughts were promptly shattered the moment he left the school gates. After messing around here and there, he decided to live life the way he wanted to.

As a shut-in, he wrote all sorts of imaginative webnovels, losing himself in the fictional world.

One day, out of the blue, he transmigrated after going to sleep.

He transmigrated into a world he didn't dare imagine. Here, the emperor ruled supreme. Here, men could have numerous wives and concubines. Here, he was a prince....

This was the best thing that could have happened!

However, after experiencing this world for a few days, he realized that no matter where he was, it wasn't easy to loaf around.

In his previous world, it was possible to go anywhere and start a new life as long as one had money. Here, there were all sorts of restrictions, and even hidden dangers at every step....

When people told you daily to remain low-key or else risk deadly calamity, anyone would become brainwashed.

Chen Yun was thus brainwashed.

Fine, so be it. If he had to loaf around waiting out his days, he might as well do so. It wasn't anything different from what he was doing before. He might as well gain some weight. Men didn't rely on their looks to earn a living. He might as well be a little dumber. Others all said the smart ones died faster....

Apart from these little details, Chen Yun felt his days passed rather splendidly. He had always been good at adapting. Otherwise, he wouldn't have made it to his eighteenth birthday where he went to school for a few years, entered society and then finally transmigrated.

At the very least, his dream of becoming a stud could become reality. Perhaps—-he had transmigrated into a harem novel, and not one where the male lead set out to conquer the world?!

Chen Yun? no, he was now the fourth prince of the Grand Xi Dynasty Luo Huai Yuan, continued living his new life in its preset trajectory. He often felt it was all a dream, and expected to wake up back in reality every morning.

In the end he truly woke up, but it was right as he was about to die.

His life after transmigrating flashed before his eyes. Luo Huai Yuan's mouth twitched in a careless smile, his gaze gradually coming into focus.

He was actually in quite some pain, but he was unwilling to cry towards these fucking heavens. He wanted to curse the mother-effing heavens a thousand times, but stubbornly shut his mouth.

Although he was a weeb, although he was occasionally vulgar, he was still a weeb who had standards. Therefore, he merely raised his middle finger at the sky and left the rest of his words unsaid.

'Pa.' The sound of a slap rang out. Luo Huai Yuan's face was slapped crooked. The smile he himself thought was carefree but actually looked rather vulgar to others immediately slid off his face.

"Curse if you feel like cursing, why act like a grandson!?"

It was a woman's voice, both clear and lively.