Chapter 161

They ended up playing the entire afternoon.

When the sky started getting dark, signifying that it was dinner time, Luo Huai Yuan walked in with two children clinging on to him.

Yan Yan was sitting at the table and Lan'er's group was setting out the food.

The two children called for their mom when they saw her, smiling like two little peaches. The big one behind them had a bit of a guilty conscience. He snuck a shifty glance at his wife, put the two naughty ones down and had them clean their hands before eating.

Of course, he himself also obediently went to clean his hands.

There were two adults and two children around the large round table. Niu Niu and Jian'er were still young but they were both able to eat by themselves. The two sat in chairs that were higher than normal, just high enough for the two to reach everything. They each had their own palace maid helping them grab food. There was no need for Yan Yan to get involved.

The moment he sat down, Luo Huai Yuan scooted close to Yan Yan. He first smiled flatteringly before attentively grabbing food for her with his chopsticks. He chattered on about this being tasty and that being tasty, and soon had grabbed a bowl of dishes for Yan Yan.

After serving his wife, it was his turn. Before he could reach out with his chopsticks, Lan'er put a bowl of porridge in front of him with a plate of vegetables.

"You eat this." Yan Yan raised her eyebrows and said.

The large chuby face immediately drooped. Quiet sniggering sounded from the side.

That porridge was really thin. It was so watery he could see his reflection in it. The vegetables were really green. There wasn't even any oil!

Luo Huai Yuan wasn't discouraged. He lifted the bowl and drained the porridge in a few bites. However, the steamed vegetables without any oil was a little hard to swallow.

"Dad, this is for you. Help Niu Niu eat it. This isn't tasty."

A chicken bun that was missing a bite suddenly appeared in Luo Huai Yuan's little plate.

On the other side, Niu Niu had a disgusted expression as though she had forgotten this chicken bun was her favorite. It was small and could be eaten in one bite. The inside was filled with thick chicken broth mixed with chicken and shrimp. It was fragrant and delicious. Normally, Niu Niu could eat three by herself.

Luo Huai Yuan threw it in his large mouth in one go, lamenting how daughters were their dad's darlings after all.

Jian'er was nibbling on his steamed pastry on the other side. He paused after seeing this, but didn't do as his sister did. Instead, he shoveled everything into his mouth. Niu Niu was about to glare at him when he picked up another, bit into it a little, and threw it into Luo Huai Yuan's plate.

"Jian'er is full. Daddy can help eat this."

Wuwu, sons were also dad's little darlings!

Luo Huai Yuan threw it in his large mouth in one go. He chewed while looking aggrievedly at Yan Yan.
Yan Yan had a taut face as she forced back her smile and ignored him.

After eating, the two little ones pulled Luo Huai Yuan to tell them a bedtime story. Yan Yan had returned to the resting hall and took a bath before having Liu'er bring over the box of accounting ledgers. She sat on the kiln with her hair down, reading through them.

The hall was very quiet. The occasional sound of laughter rang out from the side hall.

Yan Yan looked over at that place and said to Lan'er who was beside her: "The little princess and little prince didn't eat much tonight. Send some soup and some easily digestible snacks over."