Chapter 127

No one expected this matter to have so many twists and turns.

They had thought the second prince and the fourth consort had privately met for a tryst and something inappropriate had happened. Unexpectedly, the second prince was just gracing a palace maid and the fourth consort was drunk in a different room accompanied by her husband.

Did that palace maid see wrongly? Those two rooms were quite close together after all.

Looking at the confused fourth prince, the crowd's thoughts raced.

The Zhenguo Duke hurriedly cupped his hands and left after hearing that Yan Yan was fine. This was now his majesty's family matter. It was already overstepping to have followed him over earlier. He naturally had to be tactful at this time.

"Royal father, mother empress, did something happen?" Luo Huai Yuan asked again.

He was good at putting on an act. He had actually long since been crouching behind the door watching the show. Only after feeling the time was about right did he come out.

The surroundings were very quiet at this moment. There was only some slight movement behind those doors.

Luo Huai Yuan seemed to have heard the second prince's sounds and couldn't help but point in astonishment at the door: "This, why is second brother...."

Emperor Xi frowned and said: "It's nothing. Your second brother got drunk and actually pulled a palace maid inside to mess around." After speaking, he spoke to Senior Concubine Xu: "Why aren't you having that brute clean himself up and scram out here!?"

Senior Concubine Xu reacted very quickly. She hurriedly gave the palace maid by her side a look.
Emperor Xi spoke again: "Since your wife is drunk, you should take her back."

Luo Huai Yuan nodded. He turned back into the room and busied himself. Before long, he carried someone wearing a cloak out. Seemingly aware that Emperor Xi didn't want him here, he didn't linger and hurriedly left.

After Emperor Xi spoke, the matter was settled and no one dared to say anything else.

It seemed as though it was truly how Emperor Xi had described it. The second prince got drunk and lost control, pulling a palace maid into the room to mess around with. As for what the second prince's alcohol tolerance was like and whether he was someone who would lose control like that, no one looked into it.

This was what it seemed on the surface but in reality, a small group of people knew this matter wasn't so simple.

Because this matter occurred at a place like the Jiying Hall, the second prince and that palace maid's affair spread rapidly throughout the palace. Emperor Xi had ordered people to investigate after the fact but didn't find any suspicious things at the scene. Because the second prince's condition wasn't right, an imperial physician was called over to examine him.

The imperial physician took his pulse and said the second prince had traces of being drugged. That low-ranked palace maid was the same way.

What was even more surprising was that during the investigation, the second consort was found tightly bound under the bed.

When she was found, the second consort was already unconscious. Furthermore, she also had signs of being affected but it was very light. Someone noticed that the second consort was only wearing her innerwear. Her ceremonial robe's outer garments were scattered on the floor outside.

Some people theorized about these details but no one dared to say anything.

Emperor Xi personally ordered this matter to be kept secret so it naturally passed without a trace. After all, there were too many things involved that weren't appropriate to be made public. They could only drop it.