Chapter 22

A splashing sound rang out as another small boat rowed over. Shen Qi stood on the boat waving and shouting.

Luo Huai Yuan's cursed in his mind as he said: "Little second Shen, how did you get here...." So fast!

The last two words were left unsaid as Shen Qi interrupted: "Little fatty Luo. We clearly agreed on a time but you actually ran off first, and even took little Ah Yan along."

Little second Shen and little fatty Luo were nicknames the two of them came up with for each other. Shen Qi was quite satisfied with "little second Shen", and even told his mom about it. As for Luo Huai Yuan, he bitterly hated "little fatty".

"I've told you so many times, don't call me little fatty. I'm stout, not fat." Luo Huai Yuan hopped around angrily while secretly glancing at Yan Yan's reaction.

Shen Qi leapt over onto their boat. The small boat immediately started rocking. The grannies in the back cried out in alarm and Xiao An Zi wailed in fright.

"You don't call this fat? Look at this stomach." As he spoke, Shen Qi stretched out his hand and copped a feel, "It's so round!"

Luo Huai Yuan was about to flip out when Yan Yan smiled and said: "Big bro Shen, why're you speaking about big bro Luo like this? Big bro Luo's appearance--" She paused a little. "Is rather cute."
Instead of flipping out, he smiled until his eyes became slits.

"You see? You see? It's cute! How frighteningly ignorant!" As he spoke, he stuck out his stomach in satisfaction.

Shen Qi cried out: "I am literate, ok!? I was taught long ago, and am even planning to go study at an institution." He planned to go but hadn't gone yet. Shen Qi didn't actually want to go, and since Yan Yan was here his dad mercifully allowed him to stay and accompany her.

Luo Huai Yuan looked at him disdainfully.
"Hey, little fatty Luo. This place is unique. How did you discover it? I've lived here all my life and thought I knew all the fun places. I actually didn't know about this one!"

Luo Huai Yuan smiled smugly and said: "What would you know about fun?!"

Shen Qi made a face at him and stretched out his hand to touch the lotus leaves and lotus roots. "This place is good, this place is nice." He first pulled off a lotus leaf and put it on his head before pulling at the lotus root.

One of the grannies smiled and said: "Young master, be careful. Don't fall into the water."

"It's fine, it's fine. I know how to swim."

"The lotus roots can be peeled. Inside are lotus seeds. Once the flowers wilt, it's time to harvest them. That's when things get lively here."

Shen Qi pulled one of the lotus roots off and played around with it curiously. He then pulled off another one and threw it to Yan Yan. Luo Huai Yuan asked with his eyes "what about me?" and he responded with a smirk "go get it yourself."

Luo Huai Yuan glared at him and helplessly went to pick his own lotus root. As he withdrew his hand, he brushed against a budding pink lotus flower. His heart moved and he plucked it along with its stem.
He turned around and casually gave it to Yan Yan, "Little sis Ah Yan. This flower is very beautiful, I'll give it to you."

Yan Yan also didn't think it was a big deal and accepted it. She mischievously leaned in and sniffed.
"Is it fragrant? Is it fragrant? Let me smell." Luo Huai Yuan said loudly, but when he leaned in he whispered: "Do you want to figure things out? I'll wait for you here tomorrow."

Yan Yan froze before suddenly understanding what he meant.

Luo Huai Yuan swore on his own little member: he definitely wasn't luring the underage girl out for a date. He was really trying to solve her problems.