Chapter 74

Luo Huai Yuan and Shen Qi had only stayed at the manor a few days when Yan Yan realized there was a problem.

Little fatty Luo was very well liked by her mom, and he also seemed to like getting close with her mom. These days, whenever she went to eat breakfast at the Jinhua Hall, she would see him already sitting there making her mom laugh.

In the past, it didn't matter where they ate breakfast. Yan Yan practiced martial arts in the morning and would always eat breakfast at the Guiyan Chambers. These days, strangely, Shen Yi Yao would always have her maids invite Yan Yan over for breakfast. Of course, Yan Mo was included as well. The brat little second Shen could't get up that early, and would only go sometimes.

Yan Yan's emotions were very strange.

After enduring for a couple days, she found some time to pull Luo Huai Yuan over for questioning.
"Don't you think it's pretty good like this?" Luo Huai Yuan said beaming.

Yan Yan froze. "What does that mean?"

Luo Huai Yuan sighed and said: "Aunt is your mom after all. Isn't she changing herself? It feels like she has quite a lot of troubles in her heart, but just doesn't know who to tell it to."

Yan Yan trembled all over and didn't speak.

It wasn't clear if Yan Yan listened to Luo Huai Yuan's words. Regardless, she started taking the initiative to speak a few words with Shen Yi Yao. Although it wasn't much and her face was still rigid, it was still an improvement.

Luo Huai Yuan and Shen Qi couldn't just remain at the manor without going back. After staying for a few more days, the two said their farewells. Before they left, Shen Yi Yao said they should come again when they had time, her expression rather reluctant. Luo Huai Yuan and Shen Qi beamed and agreed.
In the afternoon, Matron Zou came and reported that someone from the estate came.

This estate was naturally referring to the Weiyuan Marquis Estate.

This was the first time someone came ever since Shen Yi Yao left. Yan Yan asked who it was and Matron Zou said it was the old madam's Matron Zhao. She had a matter to discuss and asked to meet the madam.

"You stay here, I'll go take a look."

Yan Yan didn't give Shen Yi Yao the opportunity to express her opinion before directly leaving.

Shen Yi Yao opened her mouth, looked at her daughter's back and sighed.

Cui Qiao looked at her expression and said quietly on the side: "The third miss is just afraid madam will be troubled. The old madam looking for you definitely isn't for anything good."

Ever since that time, Cui Qiao grew more daring with her words to Shen Yi Yao. She could tell the madam wasn't unwilling to hear them. It was just that no one spoke sincere words with her in the past. They would all speak false words to coax her. No wonder the madam would view bad people as good.

"I know, it's just--" Shen Yi Yao paused and let out a sigh. "Forget it, let Ah Yan handle it."

Yan Yan didn't go meet with Matron Zhao. She just had Matron Zou ask about the matter and send her off at the same time. She wouldn't have been surprised to see her dad come, but Matron Zhao coming was worth pondering over.

Before long, Matron Zou came over to report, saying Matron Zhao truly had something to discuss. She had seemed very anxious. But when asked what it was, she wasn't willing to speak. She was only willing to speak with the madam.

Matron Zou used the excuse that the madam was still sick and had her leave.

Yan Yan didn't know what had happened in the capital. After some thought, she sent someone back to investigate. Prior to leaving, Yan Yan had left people back at the Ningxiang Chambers to keep watch. Her previous spies were all there as well. It wasn't too difficult to get this information.