Chapter 136

Shen YI Yao's voice faintly sounded out, winding around Concubine Wu's ears and making her body suddenly turn rigid.

She was half prone on the floor. The Persian rug with woven peony trees in front of her eyes looked luxurious, but it somehow caused Concubine Wu to recall something over a decade ago.

At that time she was young and pretty. The lord marquis back then was tall and handsome. As Shen Yi Yao's personal maid, she would always see the lord marquis and the madam being lovey-dovey. The lord marquis was very considerate of the madam, and cherished her extremely. Ju Fang couldn't help but feel some admiration.

Her envy gradually became longing.

Somehow, Concubine Pei had known it all. One day when the madam was washing up, Concubine Pei came over and was received by Ju Fang. Concubine Pei had said one thing to her: you're the madam's personal maid from her dowry, right?

Afterwards, these words became Ju Fang's nightmare within the deepest corners of her heart. This was truly the case. Everyone knew what dowry maids were used for. She was the madam's favorite maid that came with her dowry, and was also the best looking one.

Somehow, she got involved with Concubine Pei. She had helped her achieve her desires and she....

She had once pondered if she could let down this madam who always treated her well. However, these thoughts were always gone in a flash, buried deep in her heart.

Concubine Wu panted anxiously and choked out: "This servant has sinned gravely. This servant shouldn't have colluded with Concubine Pei just to achieve her own shameful desires."

Shen Yi Yao who was sitting above was lost in her memories from long ago. These memories made her look at Concubine Wu with a complicated and disgusted gaze.

"Concubine Wu, you're very smart. You're smarter than I imagined. You came to admit your wrongs, but only the minor ones. Are you sure you're here to atone?" Shen Yi Yao suddenly lost her patience. She stood up and said to Cui Qiao: "Send her out!"

Concubine Wu climbed up and charged towards Shen Yi Yao, but was restrained by Cui Qiao.
"Madam, this servant really wants to atone. This servant isn't trying to conceal anything. I just find it really hard to mention my actions in the past. Madam, I beg you, give me another chance, I beg you...."

Concubine Wu's face was filled with tears of alarm that flowed down her pointed chin and wetted her clothes. Shen Yi Yao looked at her with a cold and estranged gaze.

This gaze made Concubine Wu feel a sense of inferiority. Shen Yi Yao was always kind and intimate to those around her, but always gave Ju Fang a remote feeling.

This woman had everything a girl could dream of. She had status, honor, wealth, beauty and so on, and so on. Whenever she needed something, she didn't have to reach out for it herself. There would always be people offering it to her. At her maternal family's place, her parents, brothers and their wives pampered her. After marriage, her husband and his household worshipped her....

When did her longing turn to jealousy?

Jealousy, resentment, unwillingness, anger....

These emotions nibbled at her soul night and day. The more she couldn't obtain, the more she hated Shen Yi Yao who had everything. Finally, with Concubine Pei's help, this woman who had everything except brains had given her to the lord marquis. Ju Fang finally got what she wanted.

The next day she had kowtowed to Shen Yi Yao. Looking at the woman above her staring back with a cryptic gaze, she had felt smug and full of satisfaction.

Concubine Pei was really a demon. She could understand the darkest parts of people's hearts.
"Aren't you jealous of her? Look at her, with everything we don't have. She's so lofty it makes others hate her. Wealth, beauty, glory...she has everything. If we want something, we can only use our own hands to work for it....I really, really want to take everything from her. Who knows what expression she will have at that time...."