Chapter 150

Yan Yan's pregnancy was pretty stable.

She didn't get any nausea or other symptoms. Her stomach merely swelled up extremely quickly.

June arrived in the blink of an eye. The Yun Province's summers weren't hot, and along with Luo Huai Yuan's care, Yan Yan didn't feel unwell despite summers supposedly being unbearable for pregnant women. Perhaps it was due to her martial arts training over the years. Overall, Yan Yan was quite well-adjusted.

The cries of cicadas sounded ceaseslessly. Several towering trees stood by the lakeside, filling the surroundings with shade. The summer's fierce sun was completely blocked off, and the breeze added an additional layer of comfort.

Under the trees was a chair, upon which sat a person.

That person leaned against the back of the chair with eyes squinted in pleasure. A fishing rod stuck out towards the water. The surface was calm, occasionally disturbed by some ripples.

Suddenly, the person's eyes opened and he sat up. He exerted some force with his hand and pulled on the rod. A fish was actually hanging on the end of the line.

This fish wasn't big but it also wasn't small. It was just the right size for a stew. Luo Huai Yuan's left cheek revealed a small dimple as he took the fish off and put it into a bucket next to him.

"I knew you'd be here!"

A girl's voice sounded out. Yan Yan walked over from the distance. She wore red robes embroidered with gold-threaded chrysanthemums, paired with a verdant skirt with cloud and ripple patterns. Her little stomach was extended but it didn't seem to affect her movements. She walked over graceful as usual.

"Aiyo my great aunt, walk a little slower...."

Luo Huai Yuan leapt up extremely nimbly and threw the rod to the side. He swiftly went up and took her by the arm.

"What are you all good for? Don't you know to urge the consort to walk slower!?"

Lan'er and Liu'er pursed their lips and didn't dare argue. The two of them were Yan Yan's new personal palace maids after Mei Xiang's group got married off.

"Enough, you shouldn't blame them. I'm just pregnant, it's no big deal. It's only been a few months!"

With Luo Huai Yuan's support, Yan Yan went and sat in the chair. She took a glance at the bucket.

"Oh, pretty good. There's three of them already."

Luo Huai Yuan put his hands on his waist and said smugly: "Precisely. We'll take it to the kitchen later and have them make carp and tofu soup for you to drink."

Yan Yan smiled and didn't say anything.

Ever since Yan Yan was confirmed to be pregnant, Luo Huai Yuan had started busying himself. He still mostly busied himself with making food for Yan Yan.

Eating too much seafood would get stale, so he started getting some freshwater fish. When the Yun Prince Estate was constructed, they built a large garden in the back. There was a lake in the garden that initially had quite a lot of fish. Luo Huai Yuan felt there wasn't enough variety and brought back quite a few hatchlings and shrimp. After a few months, the small fish gradually grew bigger, and along with the original fish, there was plenty of shrimp and fish for Yan Yan to eat.

Furthermore, it was also a source of amusement for him. During these idle summer afternoons, he would take a fishing rod over and go fishing, using the excuse of wanting to supplement the consort's dinner.

Luo Huai Yuan clapped his hands together, seemingly having recalled something. He looked around and saw that Xiao An Zi had appeared at some point. He waved for him to go check the net hanging by the shore.