Chapter 90

Eldest Madam Wu had an upset stomach prior to heading out today. After arriving at the Yiyong Marquis Estate, she had gone to the bathroom a couple more times.

After coming out the second time, she realized the Yaoyue Pavilion's people had decreased by half. Some of the remaining madam's were discussing how two misses had gotten into a fight in front of everyone. Eldest Madam Wu was startled at hearing this and hurried out of the pavilion.

Right as she exited, a servant came and reported that Miss Wu had been brought to the Qingshu Hall, and invited Eldest Madam Wu over.

From the situation, it was clear her daughter had caused trouble.

Eldest Madam Wu was both angry and worried as she followed the servant over. The moment she arrived, Wu Qiong Qiong pounced over crying loudly about having been hit.

Looking at her daughter's frightfully swollen right cheek, Eldest Madam Wu was immediately enraged.

"Who on earth was it? Is this how your Yiyong Marquis Estate treats its guests? My miss was fine when I brought her over, but ended up injured like this?"

At this time, Ma Quan Fang came over with a smile, her attitude neither servile nor overbearing. "It was truly an oversight by our Yiyong Marquis Estate. However, Eldest Madam Wu should also ask Miss Wu what she did to end up this way."

"What could my Qiong Qiong have done? What could a teenage girl have done to deserve such a hit!? Who was so vicious? What if she ends up disfigured?!"

Wu Qiong Qiong was aggrieved to begin with, and was also frightened by Second Madam Shen earlier. Now that she heard disfigurement was possible, she was inconsolable.

"Mom, you have to vent my anger for me. It was all that Yan Yan...."

"Madam-in-waiting, I feel your Yiyong Marquis Estate needs to give our High Official Estate an explanation. If this wasn't done by someone from your estate, than the person responsible should be handed over."

"Eldest Madam Wu, you shouldn't be hasty. Let me first explain wht happened...."

Ma Quan Fang summarized the entire story.

Eldest Madam Wu's face turned uglier the more she listened, her lips trembling from anger: "This is pure slander. Who can prove my daughter was the one responsible?"

Ma Quan Fang twitched her lips and said evenly: "That Yan household's concubine daughter confessed in front of the crowd. Many people present also saw it was Miss Wu who brought her inside. In theory, a concubine born daughter doesn't have the status to enter the Wangxian Pavilion. It was Miss Wu who brought her into the Qinxiang Garden, and then into the pavilion."

"Did my daughter bring her in just because you said she did? She isn't familiar with that Yan household's daughter. Why would she bring a stranger inside? You all are probably framing her!"

Seeing Eldest Madam Wu's unreasonable appearance, Ma Quan Fang realized where Wu Qiong Qiong got her unruly and domineering personality from. But since this matter occurred within her estate, she still had to pacify things whether it was reasonable or not.

Ma Quan Fang suppressed her emotions as she explained: "This you'll have to ask your miss. Also, the Pei household's miss has always been close with Miss Wu. This concubine daughter is Miss Pei's cousin."

Eldest Madam Wu doubtfully looked at her daughter.

Wu Qiong Qiong hemmed and hawed, speaking evasively. Pei Jia Yu was frightened into wishing she was invisible.

Since she raised her, Eldest Madam Wu knew her own daughter best. Looking at her expression, she knew the Yiyong Madam-in-waiting's words shouldn't be far from the truth. Despite this, she wasn't planning on leaving it at that. Her daughter was beaten into such a state. If she swallowed this grievance, who would take their Wu household seriously in the future? Which household's miss wasn't pampered? Not even their parents were willing to lay a finger on them since birth, but now her daughter was hit by an outsider. No one would be able to swallow this anger.