Chapter 94

The wind stung against their faces.

Liu Shu Yi's tear tracks across her face dried and then moistened, and then dried once more. At this moment she really wanted to cry loudly but didn't dare do so. She could only allow her tears to flow silently.

"Enough, willow branch, don't cry anymore. We'll reach the campsite soon. We can then find reinforcements and hurry back to save them. Those guards back there were so skilled and that Ah Yan is pretty skilled herself. They'll definitely be fine."

"Really?"

Chu Ming Chen pursed his lips tightly and nodded.
"But there were so many wolves. They are all carnivorous!"

"It'll definitely be fine. Don't cry anymore. We'll have our hands full after getting back to the camp."

Liu Shu Yi recalled the fatty fourth prince's words. "Why did you tug me earlier and not let me ask questions?"

Chu Ming Chen really wanted to open her head up and check what was inside.

"You're really a dunce! The crown prince used us as scapegoats. It would be fine if it was just the two of us, but don't forget the Zhenguo Duke's grandson and the fourth prince were there as well. The crown prince must have been panicked at the time, but after escaping he would inevitably have some thoughts. It's fine if nothing happens to Shen Qi and the rest, but if something did happen, even the crown prince wouldn't get off easily."

Liu Shu Yi turned deathly pale and gripped his arm tightly. "You mean he will..." she left the words "silence them" unsaid.

Chu Ming Chen's heart trembled. "I don't know either. We can only take it one step at a time. That's why you must stop crying. We can't let anyone get suspicious at the campsite. Let's check out the situation before going in."

He then ordered Liu Shu Yi's two guards. "This matter must be kept secret. Keep your mouths tightly shut."

The two guards understood the severity of the matter and nodded.
.....

In the middle of the woods, a large pack of wolves surrounded a group of people in a semi-circle.

The group of people divided their roles clearly, and their rhythm had yet to be disrupted by the attacking wolves.

Luo Huai Yuan who stood behind Yan Yan suddenly slapped his leg. "Oh no, we should have sent one of our people along earlier. If the crown prince's thoughts turn malicious, I really suspect something might end up happening to them. Whether they can even enter the campsite is uncertain."

Yan Yan's hand trembled. She shot her whip out and continuously struck back two ambushing wolves. "Don't speak blindly!"

Shen Qi's expression was unusually solemn. "I feel what little fatty is saying could be possible. However, the ones in danger aren't them. It might very possibly be us. The crown prince doesn't recognize Liu Shu Yi and Chu Ming Chen, but he definitely recognizes me and little fatty."

"You mean he might very possibly gather people and come silence us or get rid of the evidence?" Yan Yan asked with a frown.

Silencing them meant finishing the job if not all of them died. Getting rid of the evidence meant erasing traces of the crown prince's group. It would seem like they had just unfortunately stumbled into the wolf pack themselves, and had nothing to do with him.

Of course the key was that the crown prince had underestimated their abilities. They naturally knew their group would be fine, but the crown prince didn't. If he felt they were dead for sure or at least tragically wounded, it would be hard to say if he was willing to take any risks.