Chapter 116

Xiao An Zi walked in with a tray.

There were two teacups as well as some fruits and snacks. Seeing the frozen atmosphere, he didn't dare make a sound. He placed the tray by the bed and left.
The room was extremely silent.

Luo Huai Yuan furrowed his brows and racked his brains bitterly.

This was the first time Yan Yan saw him so serious. Normally he looked so nonchalant that he would probably be fine even if the heavens collapsed.

His usual expression was never earnest. Perhaps everyone assumed he was someone unreliable when they first met him. Only those who knew him well understood just how many earnest things he had done despite that expression of his.

Yan Yan looked at the face across from her. Under the yellow light, that face wasn't handsome, and was even a little hard to look at. However, Yan Yan's eyes were misty.

She held her teacup in her hands, wanting to borrow the little bit of heat to warm her hands.

She was used to being tough, but thinking of what she had to do, she couldn't help but feel a trace of fear. No one could remain calm in the face of death. She wasn't even sixteen after all.

These actions startled Luo Huai Yuan awake. He looked at the pitiful little person who was curled up in a bundle. It was like an illusion that passed in an instant. She was still herself.

Luo Huai Yuan felt some heartache but didn't dare reveal it on his face. He took the teacup from her hands and placed it on the table.

"Are you cold? How about you sleep a little first? You rest here. I'll go to the study."

"I should go back. Otherwise, Mei Xiang and the rest will make a ruckus if they discover I'm gone."

Luo Huai Yuan froze, his smile becoming splendid and shameless.

"Are you underestimating me? Your husband will definitely come up with a suitable plan. To punish you for your lack of faith, you must sleep here tonight. I will tell you the result before dawn."

As he spoke, he pushed Yan Yan over onto the bed and helped her take off her little boots. He then tucked her into the blankets.

"Actually you don't have to trouble yourself...."

"Hurry and sleep. If you can't fall asleep, then it's also fine to come think the problem over with me."

Outside the door, Xiao An Zi leaned against the door eavesdropping.

Hearing the word "sleep", his soul almost flew off in fright. Could his highness's thoughts have stirred, and he was planning on eating her up? That wouldn't do. Prior to marriage, there would be a nana from the palace who would check. How would they explain things at that time?

As the personal eunuch, he had to loyally remind his master not to make a mistake.

Before he could make a move, he saw the lights inside get extinguished. Xiao An Zi panicked and hurriedly barged in. Before he could take a few steps, he saw his household's highness sitting at the bedside glaring at him.

Luo Huai Yuan moved his mouth. From the shape of his lips, Xiao An Zi could tell he was saying "scram".
But how could he scram?

He stood on his toes and saw that there seemed to be someone sleeping in the bed. The figure was extremely frail compared to his highness's large frame. He grew more worried the more he looked.

Xiao An Zi moved his mouth soundlessly. Luo Huai Yuan figured out what he was trying to say and glared at him viciously. Another "scram" was mouthed.

This bastard dared to misconstrue his noble character!