Chapter 32

Seeing the two elders arguing more and more, Second Madam Shen rubbed her brows and said: "Dad, mom, you two should stop arguing. Ah Yan is still sitting here."

The Zhenguo Duke's old face turned red and he shut his mouth. The Zhenguo Madam glared at him and folded her arms, falling silent as well.

After a while, the Zhenguo Duke finally cleared his throat and said: "Ah Yan, you've done very well." His gaze was a little complicated: "Better than grandfather expected. As for your mom, don't bother about her. If she scolds you again, just come tell your grandfather. Grandfather will support you. Grandfather will deal with that doctor, and won't let him off. As for that Concubine Pei, it's not easy to interfere with women in the rear residence.
However, isn't she part of the Pei family? Humph!"

Yan Yan had also considered this, but--

"They won't admit to it and there's no proof. Also, my mom....."

The Zhenguo Duke waved his hand unconcernedly, "Our Shen household has never needed proof to take action. If we're sure she's responsible, then that's how it is. Proof isn't needed to vent our anger. None of them are clean in any case."

The Zhenguo Duke's words were excessively domineering, and broadened Yan Yan's experience once again.

That's right. I know you're responsible, why the need for proof? Crafty people never left behind evidence when doing things. If one needed proof to go against others, wouldn't one be stifled to death?
Actually, Yan Yan also understood this reasoning. Didn't she vent her anger that day without caring about reason?

I'm more powerful than you are. So what if I hit you? Go ahead and hit back if you are capable! However, since she was young, she didn't understand the reasoning behind this despite knowing to do so subconsciously. Hearing the Zhenguo Duke's words, she suddenly understood.

Therefore, everyone had their own ways of doing things. For example, she recognized those imps and devils as being intelligent people who planned far ahead, didn't leave evidence and were very pleased with themselves. But to someone of higher status or someone who was more powerful, they were making fools of themselves, and didn't even realize it.

If I want to step on you, what can you do about it? Go ahead and step on me in return if you're capable.
It had to be said, although the Zhenguo Duke's thoughts were simple and his actions were crude, this was actually wisdom in disguise. I don't need to waste any thoughts on you. If I know you're responsible, then you're responsible! It's not convenient for me to deal with you as a woman in the rear residence, but don't you have family? They're all surnamed Pei anyway, and those surnamed Pei aren't anything good.

The militant Zhenguo Duke had always been indomitable, and would never bicker over things with women. However, as he understood the Weiyuan Marquis Estate's rear residence more and more, he grew to detest the two women surnamed Pei.

Of course, these two weren't the main culprit. That person wouldn't be let off either.

"Yan Ting might be returning soon. You don't have to worry about anything at that time. Just take care of yourself and Ah Mo."

Yan Yan quivered, looked at her grandfather and nodded.

"I've asked Lady Hui. She has some confidence in adjusting Ah Mo's condition. Let's give it a try first. If it doesn't work, grandfather will think of something else. Don't be afraid, Ah Yan. Grandfather is here."

Yan Yan's eyes reddened and she was extremely moved.

She didn't think that her grandfather would have already arranged everything without her knowing. Although it wasn't apparent, she had been under a lot of pressure these few days, and felt that many things rested upon her shoulders.