Chapter 147

Luo Huai Yuan naturally wouldn't bring Shen Qi to some brothel. He was just mouthing off.

The two chatted for quite a while, telling each other about their own circumstances. Luo Huai Yuan hadn't come to the Fu Province in a while and heard about many of the recent changes from Shen Qi.

That night, Shen Qi arranged a banquet for Luo Huai Yuan. The two of them drank until they were wasted. The next day, the two went their separate ways. Shen Qi returned to the barracks and Luo Huai Yuan busied himself with his own affairs.

The businesses here had developed extremely smoothly. With Xie Mao and Shen Xuan's people keeping watch, along with Luo Huai Yuan's aides managing things, they were raking it in. Just the textile production was a money-making machine. Luo Huai Yuan would only take some of the surplus, and the rest was invested into merchant vessels after discussing with Xie Mao and Shen Xuan.

At this moment, the three of them already owned over seven vessels.

Currently, trading overseas was extremely profitable. Merchant vessels were golden geese to those who owned them. Even if they didn't need that many ships for their own goods, the moment a ship was setting sail, merchants without ships of their own would flock over. Merchant vessels took a cut dependant upon the amount of goods being transported. It was clearly very profitable.

Luo Huai Yuan made a tour of his various businesses before meeting with Xie Mao. The two of them were business partners, but ultimately Xie Mao had put in a little more effort. While Luo Huai Yuan was in the capital and Shen Xuan was busy with the navy, Xie Mao was one of the navy's commanders in name but wasn't actually that busy.

After not seeing him for a few years, Xie Mao was currently glowing. It seemed he had been living very well these years.

This was truly the case. Many people sucked up to him due to his current position. With power and wealth, everything was going smoothly for him.

Xie Mao naturally didn't forget who had brought his current success. After interacting with him for several years, he could tell that this junior called "Chen Yun" didn't have a simple identity. Xie Mao was a trusted aide of the Zhenguo Duke and was naturally familiar with the Shen household's situation in the capital. Based on this, he was pretty much able to figure out the truth. A fatty that was extremely close with the Shen household. Who else could he be apart from the husband of the Zhenguo Duke's granddaughter, the fourth prince?

But since the other party didn't say it, Xie Mao was content with acting oblivious. Often times, it was better for people to be a little more tactful.

Xie Mao hosted a banquet to entertain Luo Huai Yuan and the two spoke a lot during it. After chatting casually, Luo Huai Yuan got to the point.

This was his goal for coming here this time. He had such plans long ago, but the time hadn't been ripe. Now, it was the perfect moment.

On the way to the Fu Province, Luo Huai Yuan had gotten information on the circumstances of some small nations from people he knew. It seemed that the thoughts of people during this era wasn't that advanced yet. Perhaps after some time, some insightful businessmen would be able to notice this, but it wasn't the case at this moment.

Luo Huai Yuan slowly laid out his thoughts. Xie Mao was astonished and then alarmed, until finally his mouth fell open.

After a long, long time, he finally spoke: "Bro Chen, if what your saying really works out, we, we....."

Xie Mao's eyes had turned red. This was because what Luo Huai Yuan was saying went against all conventions. It clearly sounded like a fantasy, but he was someone who had created miracles before. Perhaps it was also because of the merchant's blood flowing in Xie Mao's veins, but he actually felt it might be feasible!