Chapter 89

Second Madam Shen walked out wearing a crimson and golden jacket covered in butterflies and flowers. She wore a long orange-red skirt embroidered with golden crab-apple flowers and luan tails. Her willow brows, phoenix eyes and snow-white skin gave her an imposing aura even when she wasn't angry.

Her clothes were extremely eye-catching and garish, but it was actually well matched with Second Madam Shen's disposition. It seemed as if this sort of clothing should be worn by this sort of domineering person.

"Second aunt."

"Ah Yan, well struck. Such despicable things should be ruthlessly hit. Make her never dare to do it again!" It wasn't clear if the despicable thing she referred to was Yan Qian or Wu Qiong Qiong.

Wu Qiong Qiong had come with her mom Eldest Madam Wu, but she wasn't currently present.

Everything had happened too fast. By the time everyone snapped out of it, Wu Qiong Qiong had had already been slapped to the floor and Second Madam Shen had walked in overbearingly.

When the crowd realized she was Second Madam Shen, they all made way for her.

Ma Quan Fang had gone to welcome Second Madam Shen earlier, and had been informed of the situation on the way back. As the host it wasn't convenient for her to say anything at the scene. She could only order the servants to help Wu Qiong Qiong up.

Wu Qiong Qiong was still making a racket. "I'm going to tell my grandfather...."

Second Madam Shen waved her sleeve and sneered disdainfully. "Hurry and go. Tell High Official Wu that he can come to the Zhenguo Duke Estate if he has something to say. You're quite the laughable little thing, picking quarrels for no reason and then playing the victim. Even if you guys are willing to cover this matter up, I still have to go ask the Wu Estate if this is how they raised their miss!"

Wu Qiong Qiong's right cheek was extremely swollen. She choked up in astonishment and started sobbing. Ma Quan Fang signaleld with her eyes and a few servants brought her away. Pei Jia Yu saw things weren't looking good and followed along with her neck tucked in.

Second Madam Shen hurried forward and grasped Yan Yan's hand before saying to Shen Yi Yao: "Sis-in-law, you're just too good natured. If you were slightly firmer, Yan Yan also wouldn't end up in this situation!"

She then embraced Ah Yan and and fussed over her incessantly with heartache: "My little Ah Yan, your second aunt is so sorry. Even if you wanted to clear your name, you didn't need to act yourself. Does our Zhenguo Duke Estate's people need to fear a bad reputation? Those who are clean are naturally clean and those who are dirty are naturally dirty. If those with vile mouths wish to spread rumors, then let them. We aren't afraid!"

Ma Quan Fang smiled and followed up: "What is Second Madam Shen saying? All these madams here are astute people. It's easy to see that this concubine born daughter had malicious intentions and splashed dirty water onto Yan Yan. There were also people who wanted to see the world burn so they fanned the flames. She confessed herself, so how would there still be anyone who would spread lies, inverting right and wrong?"

This song and dance forced the bystanders to express their attitudes, or it wouldn't be too appropriate.

"That's right, that's right."

"This madam hates shameless people the most. You treat them nicely but they'll turn around and bite you!"

"Put it this way: petty women are ultimately petty!"

"Those shameless things are all ruthless and insidious."

"Also that Wu household's miss is something as well. I've heard she was rude and unreasonable for a while, but today really broadened my horizons."