Chapter 8

Hearing that the madam ordered the third miss to be locked up for half a month, Mei Xiang and Mei Xue were both stunned speechless.

"Big sis Mei Xiang, what on earth is the madam thinking? How could she give such an order?" Mei Xue spoke while crying.

She had initially hoped that the madam would feel sorry for the third miss and release her. Now, things were completely hopeless.

Mei Xiang's eyes were also red and swollen, and she had silently shed tears for a while. "Concubine Pei or the old madam definitely made some moves. Otherwise, the madam definitely wouldn't do this."

"Don't find excuses for the madam, ok? What did the third miss do wrong, huh? Aren't you clear why the third miss is like this? Why does the madam always take their hypocritical show of affection as kindness, and fail to recognize actual kindness? The third miss is her own daughter!"

"Enough, no need to holler at me. I'm aware of it all and I understand it all, but the one who needs to understand has never understood." Mei Xiang wiped her tears with her handkerchief. "The two of us are just servants, what can we do?! It seems we won't be able to get into the Jinse Pavilion and the madam won't listen to us anyway. I'm going to the small worship hall to see if I can speak with the third miss."

Mei Xiang tidied herself up and went towards the rear. Unexpectedly, she found the rear doors locked. She went to find the granny in charge of the door, but that granny said someone had taken the keys.
As for who it was that had taken it, Mei Xiang knew without having to think.

Let's not mention Mei Xiang and Mei Xue's burning anxiety for now. Matron Qin, Yan'er and Ying'er had all taken the opportunity to secretly plead with the madam while serving Yan Mo, but unfortunately Shen Yi Yao had made up her mind to properly temper Yan Yan's personality.

As for Yan Mo, he finally awoke after being in a daze for several days. Shen Yi Yao was overjoyed and hugged her darling while crying for a long while before finally calming down slightly.

Yan Mo leaned against the headboard and looked around, saying: "Where's big sis?"

In the past, his big sis would always be the first to appear whenever he was sick.

Matron Qin who was holding the bowl of medicinal soup lowered her head, turned around to wipe her tears before turning back.

Shen Yi Yao's expression turned rigid and she said: "Ah Yan was disobedient. Mom punished her to do some self-reflection."

"How was big sis disobedient?"

"She hit some servants and talked back to your grandmother."

Ah Mo let out an "oh" and didn't speak further. Shen Yi Yao took the bowl of medicine in Matron Qin's hands and prepared to feed him. Unexpectedly, Yan Mo asked again, "Why did big sis hit the servants?"
This time Matron Qin couldn't endure any longer and started crying.

Fang Cao saw things weren't looking good and hurriedly squeezed over, smiling and saying: "Fourth master, you're still young. Children shouldn't worry about too much. You've just recovered. It's best to focus on your treatment."

Shen Yi Yao also said: "That's right, Mo'er. Drink your medicine first."

Although Yan Mo was young, he could still tell something was off from Matron Qin's weird behavior. He pushed aside the bowl of medicine and said: "Matron Qin, tell me. Why did big sis hit the servants and talk back to grandmother. Why did mom confine big sis?"

Matron Qin knelt to the floor with a thud and cried painfully: "Madam, since you don't believe Ying'er, Yan'er and this servant's words, why don't you ask the fourth master how he fell into the water now that he's awake?"