Chapter 87.2

They went through a black painted corner gate and walked along a long passageway. The passage was paved with cyan and light yellow cobblestone arranged in compasses, hexagons and circles. There were trees on either side, and across was a pool with a rock garden. A clear spring flowed from the artificial mountain and became a small waterfall. It could even be called divine craftsmanship.

Walking further, a large sea of yellow chrysanthemum appeared before their eyes. Only after getting closer did they see that it was a large flowerbed. Due to the positioning and angle, it gave others the impression that it stretched as far as the eye can see. Of course, this flowerbed wasn't small either. Its area was rather large.

After circling around this flowerbed, there was a covered terrace in the distance. It had a traditional feel, with curved awnings and raised corners. There were also several small pavilions scattered in the area. There were yellow, white, red and violet chrysanthemum flowers. The covered terrace had several pots of chrysanthemums arranged in various shapes. The pot in the middle was actually highest quality chrysanthemum "green peony".

The branches on the green peony were thick and sturdy and the leaves were shaped irregularly. The petals were multilayered and their buds were covered. When they bloomed, some of the petals were light green while the central petals were emerald green and curled upwards. Their core petals were dark green and the corolla was a compact flattened sphere. One plant could be said to be a thousand gold, and can only be stumbled across and not sought out.

The center of the other layout was a "flapping phoenix wing". This flapping phoenix wing's branches were ash green and firm. The leaves were long and the flowers were circular in shape. The central petals were fine tubes and the outer petals were reddish brown while its base was yellow. The flowers bloomed in all directions and their petals curled upwards like a phoenix flapping its wings.

The petals near the middle curled inwards like a phoenix resplendently rising. The outer reddish brown petals were dazzling, making the entire flower elegant and moving. When people heard the name and then looked at the flower, they would associate it with the beauty of a phoenix.

This was also a top class chrysanthemum!

Those who understood flowers naturally understood the beauty within. Those who didn't understand merely thought they looked nice. Yan Yan and Liu Shu Yi were precisely people who didn't understand flowers. Yan Yan felt flowers were too weak. The slightest wind or rain could ruin them. As for Liu Shu Yi, she had seen too many of them growing up.

In her household, people her age all pretended to love and understand flowers to flatter the Yiyong Madam, making her feel disagreeable and revolted.

There were quite a lot of people who came for the viewing today. Most of the madams from various households were sitting in the covered terrace. That was the liveliest place. Ma Quan Fang and Shen Yi Yao were there as well. The various misses were gathered next to the terrace, in a place called the Wangxian Pavilion.

Liu Shu Yi and Yan Yan first went to greet Ma Quan Fang and Shen Yi Yao. They were then pulled in for a brief chat by a few noblewomen before heading over to the Wangxian Pavilion. Despite its name, it was more of a kiosk constructed on a stone platform. The area was rather large and there were two banquet tables. Next to the railings were several chairs and small tables.

In the middle of the kiosk were around a dozen misses. They were chatting together in smaller groups, and all seemed to know each other. Yan Ru and Yan Ling were there as well. The two of them sat silently in the corner, and no one went to speak with them. There was no sign of Yan Qian and the rest.

When Yan Yan arrived, she went straight over. Liu Shu Yi accompanied her. There were quite a few who recognized Shu Yi and they smiled and greeted her. It was clear Shu Yi was quite popular.