Chapter 132

At dawn the next day, the Zhenguo Duke's troops gathered their equipment and prepared to go search.

It was too steep to go down there from the top of the mountain. They could only go around from behind the mountain and see if they could get to the bottom of the cliff. By the time they found a path, it was already noon. Shen Ding had hurried back from the Zhenguo Duke Estate and brought a few hunting dogs.

The path beneath the cliff was extremely rugged, and there were many places where it wasn't possible to walk. Luckily, these people were all skilled in martial arts and it wasn't a problem for them.

They searched the whole way until they reached the spot facing the mountain's peak. What awaited them wasn't Yan Ting's corpse, but a badly mutilated pile of meat. It seemed to have marks of being chewed on by animals and looked extremely tragic. Only the fragments of cloth and some of Yan Ting's belonging indicated that this seemed to be Yan Ting.

There was almost nothing remaining!

After Shen Ding received the news, he muttered to himself before ordering them to continue the search. Only after searching the entire base of the cliff and seeing that all signs pointed to Yan Ting's death did Shen Ding take his subordinates and leave Jiming Mountain.

~~~~~~
Yan Ling's wedding was on the third day of March.

On this day, the Weiyuan Marquis Estate was extremely lively. Firecrackers were set off around noon and didn't stop until the evening when the bride had gotten onto the bridal sedan.

Yan Zhi spent the entire day receiving and sending off guests and relatives. He didn't even have time to drink some water. During this time, he naturally noticed that Yan Ting hadn't appeared. However, Yan Ting had rarely made an appearance in the last couple of years so he didn't think too much about it.

After all, this was merely a concubine born daughter of the eldest branch. There was truly no need for the Weiyuan Marquis himself to show up.

Yan Yan had naturally returned to her maternal household. Luo Huai Yuan had come along as well.
With the deafening sound of firecrackers and the beating of drums, the bridal sedan slowly departed from the Weiyuan Marquis Estate's gates.

On the other side, another carriage arrived at the backdoor.

All the errand boys, grannies and maids had gone to participate in the liveliness out front, so a person was carried from the carriage directly into the estate without attracting any notice.

Afterwards, an explosive news soon spread throughout the estate.

The news had come from the Jinse Pavilion. It turns out that Yan Ting's follower Wang Meng had returned to the estate covered in wounds, and reported to the madam Shen Yi Yao that the lord marquis had been ambushed and had fallen off the cliff.

This information stirred up huge waves in the estate.
Wang Meng was heavily injured and died right after speaking.

Shen Yi Yao was extremely terrified and called the eldest lord Yan Zhi and third lord Yan Qu over and told them about this matter. Both of them were incessantly startled. Yan Zhi's previously joyful expression became grave.

Wang Meng's corpse was still in the Jinse Pavilion. His eyes were wide open and bloodshot, his body extremely tattered. His wounds were grievous and bound with bloodstained cloth.

Shen Yi Yao sat in the main seat and her tears flowed incessantly. "Brothers-in-law should be the ones to decide how to resolve this matter. After all, this one is just a housewife. Wang Meng had said he fainted after getting shot and managed to luckily escape. Since they were in the wilderness and he didn't have a horse, he could only drag his wounded body back to the capital. Luckily he encountered a carriage driver making deliveries which saved him some effort in getting back. Unfortunately, he was only able to hurriedly say a few words before passing away. It isn't clear who ambushed them or why."