Chapter 77

Prior to leaving, Luo Huai Yuan stopped by the manor one more time.

This time, Yan Yan no longer tried to convince him otherwise. She gave him a letter and a person.

This letter was personally written by the Zhenguo Duke. The Fu Province's City Commander Office's Commander Xie used to be someone under the Zhenguo Duke in the past. The contents of the letter was extremely simple, overall just saying the holder of this letter was someone of the younger generation and should be taken care of.

Yan Yan had personally made a trip to the Zhenguo Duke Estate to ask her grandfather for this. She didn't say who it was for, but the Zhenguo Duke probably knew without her saying.

The person she gave him was Lady Hui.

Yan Yan had decided this after thinking about it over and over. Lady Hui was skilled in martial arts. If something really happened, it shouldn't be a problem for her to grab Luo Huai Yuan and run. Especially since Lady Hui had spent her early years as a wandering martial artist. She had a lot of experience on the road, and was definitely better off than someone from the capital blindly running off in one go.

Luo Huai Yuan chuckled foolishly, and hid his gratitude in his heart. He asked, "Little sis Ah Yan, do you have any silver?"

Yan Yan thought he had no silver, and felt like dragging him out for a beating. Wanting to go earn money without any silver. What on earth was he thinking?

Being stared at by Yan Yan made Luo Huai Yuan feel very awkward. He rubbed his nose and said quietly: "I have silver, just not a lot."

These few months the barbecue business netted him a good amount of profit. There were around thirty thousand taels. Although this seemed like a lot of silver, it actually wasn't enough to do anything. Of course, him asking Yan Yan this wasn't just because he lacked silver.

Yan Yan didn't say anything before going back to the Guiyan Chambers and grabbing a little box. She handed it over to him.
"This is everything I've saved up over the years. I'll give it all to you."

Opening the box, everything inside was gold and silver. There were gold and silver ingots as well as all sorts of gold and silver nuggets. They were all given to Yan Yan by her elders. On the very top were several banknotes. The contents were worth around five thousand taels all together. This was all the currency Yan Yan had authority over.

Yan Mo also went to grab his little box. He was small and wasn't as strong. Yan Yan went and helped him carry it out onto the table. Yan Mo silently pushed it towards Luo Huai Yuan.

The contents of this little box was similar to Yan Yan, but Yan Mo was much poorer. There were only several hundred taels.
"Big bro Luo, Ah Mo doesn't have much money. This is for you."

Looking at the two boxes, Luo Huai Yuan rubbed his nose and laughed awkwardly: "This, I'll count these as investments. I'll give you dividends later on."

In his several lifetimes, he had experienced the warmth and coldness of human nature. Yet this was the first time he met someone as straightforward as this brother and sister pair. It would be a lie to say he wasn't moved. He was about to start tearing up, but that wasn't his style. He could only smile, and smile like a blooming flower.

Others might not be able to tell the meaning of his smile but Yan Yan understood.

She scoffed and said fiercely: "Enough, stop acting. Having it here isn't of any use. It's just sitting around. There isn't that much anyway. That Lady Hui is my martial arts master. I'll lend her to you so you better bring her back in one piece."

Lady Hui smiled faintly. "Miss doesn't have to worry. Lady Hui has been to the Fu Province before, and is very familiar with the place. Even if an accident were to occur, it wouldn't be a problem to protect young master Luo and myself."