Chapter 74.2

Big bro Luo said sis was grown now and was thin-skinned. There were many things she was too embarrassed to say. As for him, he was still young. It was fine for him to act cute and foolish at times. No need to worry about face.

But he had ended up making them cry. Looks like he wasn't talented at cheering people up.

*
It wasn't clear if the childish words had moved Shen Yi Yao's soul. Regardless, she became more spirited by the day. She was no longer depressed and unsmiling.

When someone was spirited, it would be clear from their actions. It was the beginning of spring and Shen Yi Yao no longer stayed indoors the entire time like before. She would occasionally take the maids out for a walk. She also started doing needlework, thinking about making spring clothing for her children.

This bustling made the Jinhua Hall liven up all over.

It was at this time that Yan Ting arrived.

Hearing the news, Yan Yan really wanted to have people throw him out.

But as long as he was still her dad, she couldn't do such a thing. Especially since her mom was still there. How could it be her turn to make a move?
Yan Yan knew her own temper. If she went, she would definitely ruin things. Thus she sent Yan Mo over for support and had him check out the situation. If anything happened, he would let her know.

When Shen Yi Yao heard Yan Ting had come, she first froze. After pondering, she put down her needlework and had the servants invite him inside.

Qiao Rong was bitterly obstructing him in the front.
This wasn't anyone else. It was the madam's husband. He couldn't treat him lightly but also not too significantly. He could also not block him firmly. Otherwise he would say he was looking for his wife and children, and that it was none of Qiao Rong's business.

Luckily, Matron Zou came very quickly.

Matron Zou was full of smiles. She wasn't intimate but wasn't distant either. It was the sort of smile one showed to a guest.

"Madam was just taking a nap. She hasn't been sleeping much lately so the servants didn't dare disturb her. She just woke up and invited the lord marquis inside."

Yan Ting gave Matron Zou a glance and headed inside. Matron Zou followed behind.

When they reached the Jinhua Hall, Shen Yi Yao was sitting on the large kiln. Yan Mo was cuddled up next to her. Under these circumstances, Shen Yi Yao couldn't get up to welcome him. He took off his own jacket and took a seat across from her.

Shen Yi Yao nodded slightly at him and lowered her eyes. Yan Mo held a book "Differentiating Ghosts and Monsters", pulling on her clothes and urged her to continue reading to him. Shen Yi Yao continued reading to her son.

Actually this "Differentiating Ghosts and Monsters" wasn't scary. It mostly described strange and weird matters. Yan Mo had just started studying, and was especially interested in such stories. Of course, the reason he was here this time wasn't to listen to the story.

Yan Ting took a sip of tea and put the teacup on the kiln table. "Mo'er's health looks much better. Wife has truly worked hard."

Since Yan Ting spoke, she naturally couldn't continue telling the story. Shen Yi Yao understood mostly what her son was here for. She put the book down and had Cui Ping take Yan Mo to the side room. Only after promising to read to him later did Yan Mo leave.

"I am ashamed to say it. Yan Mo's health isn't due to my efforts. Ah Yan accompanies him in training every day, so the child's body has become stronger."

Her use of "I" allowed Yan Ting to notice something was off. In the past, Shen Yi Yao always referred to herself as "this one" in front of him. Yan Ting understood Shen Yi Yao's personality very well. The slightest discrepancy revealed many things.