Chapter 152

On the other side, the main character in Luo Huai Yuan's story was standing in the courtyard. He looked bleak as he gazed at the moon suspended in the sky.

Yan Mo had the habit of taking a walk after dinner since he was young. The moment he stepped into the courtyard, he saw that figure. He lived in the same place as Shen Ran while Shen Yi Yao lived in the neighboring courtyard.

Shen Ran looked at him and nodded his head slightly. Yan Mo responded with a smile before stepping back inside. During this long trip, the two inevitably had quite a few interactions. Therefore, they knew each other's habits clearly.

Shen Ran watched Yan Mo's figure disappear back inside. He stood for a while longer before returning to his own room.

The night passed quietly.

Luo Huai Yuan was very hung up on the fact Yan Yan didn't believe his story. To prove he wasn't making things up, he went to find Yan Mo bright and early. The two of them talked for a long while about who knows what. After he returned, Yan Yan noticed his expression was rather strange.

Even Yan Mo had noticed a few clues, though they were merely clues. He hadn't concluded things as thoroughly. Yan Yan had no choice but to believe it. Perhaps there was really something going on?

Afterwards, Yan Yan inevitably paid closer attention during the day. However, since men and women should maintain some distance, it was rare to encounter Shen Ran and Shen Yi Yao at the same place.

According to Luo Huai Yuan and Yan Mo's observations, Shen Ran's slight feelings were unrequited. Shen Yi Yao had yet to notice anything. Perhaps her first impressions of him were deeply rooted. Shen Yi Yao still viewed and treated him as an older brother.

No one knew whether the truth was really as Luo Huai Yuan's story. This sort of private matter wasn't something a junior could ask about. Perhaps due to Luo Huai Yuan's story, Yan Yan was in a weird mood. She even wondered whether she would object to her mom remarrying.

Her conclusion was actually that she wouldn't object!

Perhaps prior to marriage, Yan Yan would have felt life would be the same regardless, whether one had a partner or not. After marriage, she realized that it was better for a woman to have someone considerate accompany her. The loneliness in the depths of the night wasn't something you could fend off by yourself.

When Luo Huai Yuan went to the Fu Province for over half a year, Yan Yan had deeply experienced this.

With such thoughts in mind, it was especially hard to bear watching one person being clueless and the other person suppressing everything. But this sort of problem wasn't something outsiders could rush. Furthermore, maybe Shen Yi Yao didn't have such thoughts and was planning on spending her life by herself.

Inevitably, she used her words to probe things out. For example, when she chatted with her mom, Yan Yan would always bring up Shen Ran and ask Shen Yi Yao what she thought of him. She also asked curiously why Uncle Ran never married.

These pointed questions were things Luo Huai Yuan came up with. They were indirect suggestions.

Many things would get subconsciously ignored if they weren't mentioned. If they were raised, one might discover many secrets hidden within.

After her daughter raised the topic, Shen Yi Yao also became curious. Why didn't big bro Shen Ran ever marry? He wasn't young anymore, and he should have some descendents to pass down his bloodline.
In Shen Yi Yao's heart, Shen Ran was someone on the same level as Shen Ding. When she was younger, her two older brothers were older than her by quite a bit. Therefore, there was no one to play with her.