Chapter 80

Yan Yan had truly grown up. She had her first period the year before. Since her body was well adjusted, she didn't have to wait a while for her second time to come, unlike other girls.

It came once a month and was very regular. The only downside was the discomfort when it came, as well as the inconvenience. Every time, she wouldn't even be able to practice martial arts, which she had never skipped before. She had to stay in her room for several days, which wore her patience down.

When Shen Yi Yao heard that her daughter wasn't coming to eat, she also didn't say anything. She ordered Cui Ping to have the kitchen to cook up a bowl of red date brown sugar jelly and have it sent to the Guiyan Chambers. Luo Huai Yuan had some guesses earlier and finally understood now.

His little consort had grown up.
After eating, Luo Huai Yuan chatted with Shen Yi Yao for a bit.

She had long since known his identity and understood his circumstances. She assumed he hadn't appeared for several years because he was restricted by others, and felt very sorry for him. In her mind, she couldn't understand the lack of familial affection within the palace. She could only do her best to give this child Yuan'er some affection.
Even if this child was already taller than her.

Luo Huai Yuan had brought a lot of novelties back from the coast this time around. They were mostly for Shen Yi Yao and her daughter as well as Yan Mo. There were all sorts of precious stones, spices, elephant tusks, fragrances and so on. There was a box of rubies that were especially eye-catching. They were large and looked extremely precious.

Shen Yi Yao politely declined, feeling they were too precious. Luo Huai Yuan however said these rocks were picked up from overseas, and weren't as valuable compared to the Grand Xi's quality. The price was several times lower and they weren't that valuable. He told her not to worry about it.

This was truly the case. Of the merchants that came to the Fu Province Port, many of them were from Lusong, Xianluo, Liuqiu, Zhaowa, and there were even some people from Fo Lang Ji. Due to their geography, they had a lot of these things, but were lacking in items that only the Grand Xi had. For example, silk cloth, porcelain, tea leaves and so on. Even the most common cotton cloth was something precious in their eyes.

Shen Yi Yao wasn't able to decline him in the end and could only accept it. She understood it was this child's goodwill. She made up her mind to also make him a set of clothing.

Luo Huai Yuan didn't remain in the manor for too long. He said he would come visit auntie some other day before leaving.

He hadn't returned to the fourth prince estate in a long time and had relied on Eunuch Xi to cover things up. Luckily the people in the palace pretended he didn't exist and never asked about him. They never bestowed anything upon him and he himself rarely showed his face in front of people in the estate. Many palace maids and eunuchs just assumed he was a recluse, so it wasn't too hard to cover up.

When Luo Huai Yuan returned, he took a stroll around the place to make his presence known. When Eunuch Xi received a letter saying the prince was returning, he had almost shed his old tears when he went to welcome Luo Huai Yuan.

No one knew how much he had suffered in these past three years. He was on edge every day, deeply worried the palace would suddenly send a letter summoning the fourth prince for an audience. After he was done being scared of getting exposed, he then had to worry about the poison inside him acting up when the fourth prince didn't return. Luckily the fourth prince kept his promise and sent someone over to give him the antidote. Otherwise, Eunuch Xi might have gone insane.

Despite this, after not seeing him for several years, the previously well maintained Eunuch Xi seemed to have aged quite a bit. The wrinkles on his face had increased.