Chapter 24

When Yan Yan returned to the Ningxiang Chambers with the servants, Mei Xiang and Mei Xue both hugged her and cried.

Although the two knew that their third miss had gone back to the Zhenguo Duke Estate and was definitely fine, they were still worried.

Yan Yan comforted the two of them and introduced the servants she had brought over. When Mei Xiang and Mei Xue heard that these people were sent by the Zhenguo Duke Estate, they immediately acted as though they were meeting their ancestors and were extremely passionate.

Actually the two of them, as well as Ying'er and Yan'er who were by Yan Mo's side, were the youngest maids who had come along with Shen Yi Yao as part of her dowry. They were all born within the Zhenguo Duke Estate and their families all worked there. As for this batch, their status was similar and their elders all knew each other. There was naturally no unfamiliarity.

The Ningxiang Chambers wasn't large, but it wasn't small either.

The main residence had one windowed room and two dark ones. The middle room was the reception and the eastern room was the bedroom. The western room was Yan Yan's study as well as living room. There were two auxiliary buildings on either side, each with a western and eastern wing. There was even a porch in the back.

Yan Yan was allocated two first-grade senior senior maids, four junior maids and a number of manual labor maids and grannies. Now that she had so many people from the Zhenguo Duke Estate, she naturally had to remove some of them.

The servants working in the courtyard were all a little bewildered. Although the third miss didn't let them serve her personally, working in the Ningxiang Chambers was still extremely good. First of all, the third miss never bothered with them and Mei Xiang and Mei Xue weren't able to manage them. The servants were naturally leisurely every day. Although they weren't so exaggerated as to skip work, they still had an extremely easy time.

Seeing so many servants come and hearing that they were sent over by the Zhenguo Duke Estate for the third miss, some of the servants turned pale.

Yan Yan didn't beat around the bush and called everyone over. She had Mei Xiang and Mei Xue pick and choose. Those who hadn't been complying with etiquette were all removed.

Where were they moved to? She didn't have to worry about that. Those people had all been assigned by others. They can go find whoever that was!

The courtyard was filled with crying. According to the estate rules, these people weren't qualified to serve the miss. However, someone had bent the rules. Furthermore, these people had sucked up to Concubine Pei's grannies and maids, and were finally arranged into the Ningxiang Chambers. Concubine Pei merely wanted all of Yan Yan's servants to have been arranged by her. They just had to report to her every once in a while. She didn't care whether their etiquette was good or whether they were qualified.

Now that those people were sent out, it meant they were back to square one. They were naturally extremely unwilling. There were even some with thick skin who rolled around crying in the courtyard, and were unwilling to leave even after being pulled. Some who weren't willing to leave saw this scene and also refused to move.

The granny in charge who had come to take the people away was a capable one, but she acted like she was out of her depth at this moment. She stood there spinning in circles, seemingly helpless against those people. It would be even more realistic if she sweated a little.

The courtyard became chaotic.

Yan Yan was inside her room, her brows twitching. Her temper had never been good, and her mood naturally wouldn't be good at this moment.
Of course, she knew this wasn't the time to make a fuss. She merely had someone tell the granny in charge to take the people away, and if they still made a fuss to directly throw them out.