Chapter 115

Shen Yi Yao and Yan Yan received the Zhenguo Duke's message and hurried over to the Zhenguo Duke Estate.

The entire household gathered in one hall.

After Shen Yi Yao listened to the situation, her legs collapsed from under her. Yan Yan pulled her up and plopped her down in a chair.

"What should we do...." Shen Yi Yao's face was filled with fear and shame. "I will go divorce him right away!"

The Zhenguo Duke waved his hand, "It's already too late to bring up divorce. The situation is urgent, and if the information comes out right after the divorce, everyone would know we were aware of the matter. Furthermore, his going to the Pingsha Pass was arranged by our household. It would be hard to avoid responsibility."

"It's all your daughter's fault for being so blind and picking such a person!"

Shen Yi Yao looked at her aged parents and her worried brother and his wife. She then looked at her daughter and suddenly felt grief well up from her heart. She started crying inconsolably. "It's all my fault. I've implicated my children and also implicated my household...."

Shen Ding spoke: "It's no use saying all this now. What's most important is to figure out a way to get through this."

"What way is there?" Second Madam Shen said while furrowing her brows tightly: "Unless we agree to his terms."

"That is absolutely impossible. Our Shen household will never do something so disloyal and so unjust that will cause our descendants to spit on us! The Zhenguo Duke Estate's reputation built up over many generations cannot be ruined overnight. We must live up to those under our banner, live up to the soldiers who died at the Pingsha Pass to protect their country, live up to the citizens of this nation, and live up to our own conscience! Don't bring up this sort of suggestion in the future. The Shen household's people will let themselves be eradicated before doing something like that!"

Second Madam Shen turned pale and she stammered: "Dad, I wasn't thinking of doing so. I was just mentioning it in passing."

As a daughter-in-law of the Shen household, Second Madam Shen worked for the sake of the Shen household's glory. However, she hadn't grown up there and thus didn't understand the righteousness engraved into their men's bones.

The men of the household had all grown up listening to the deeds of their ancestors. The honor and responsibility of the Shen household thus became engraved in their bones. Although they remained neutral in many things, they would never hesitate on major matters of right and wrong.

In the end, they weren't able to come up with a solution. Luckily the other side had underestimated the speed of their information network, and had given them plenty of time. Therefore, they still had some time to come up with something.

No one slept well that night.

After Shen Yi Yao returned, although she didn't show it, her heart remained unsettled and frightened. Yan Yan was also very quiet. She understood better than Shen Yi Yao the intricacies involved, so she had more to think about.

Actually, if it weren't for her mom, herself and Ah Mo, the Zhenguo Duke Estate would be fine on its own. They just needed to abandon the three of them.

Based on the Zhenguo Duke Estate's contributions and her grandfather's years of loyal service, by placing justice before family, his majesty would definitely not blame the Shen household. After all, it wasn't like the disagreement between the Zhenguo Duke and his son-in-law was a secret.

However, her grandfather, aunt or uncle never mentioned this method.

The Shen household had clearly been implicated by them!