Chapter 82.2

After they left, the room fell completely silent.
The group of maids were all terrified. They knew the old madam was trying to make things difficult for the madam, but since she couldn't personally make a move, the servants became the scapegoats.

Such methods were frequently seen in the rear residence. For example when you came to pay respects and get left outside for an hour. Afterwards, the master would say it was the maid's fault for not being diligent and delaying or being considerate and not waking her up. It was clearly the master trying to make trouble but for the sake of keeping up appearances, it would be blamed on the servants.

The person being troubled would only be able to suffer in silence. But the third miss never played by the rules, and this method didn't work on her. She didn't bother with those above trying to explain, and merely picked on those below for not being sensible. The third miss's viciousness was known by everyone. She would have you beaten near death without a second thought. Who would dare provoke her?
Wasn't what happened earlier a lesson!?

"Old madam....."

The group of maids sobbed, looking extremely pitiful.

The old madam's chest hurt from anger, and repeatedly said to Matron Zhao: "Didn't I say we shouldn't let them come back? We shouldn't have let them come back. Look how they came back just to anger me. Just what did I owe them in my past life?"

Matron Zhao sighed: "Wasn't it because the lord marquis said the third miss has to discuss marriage? Furthermore, there are several misses in the estate who have to as well. Without a mistress of the house to represent them, how can they go network?"

The old madam also understood this. She wiped away her tears: "I've finally had a few years of peace and old two also has prospects. Now we've brought this jinx back to make me suffer. Just who did I owe in my past life!?"

The more she cried, the more she felt wronged. The maids saw her crying and hurried up to console and coax her before she finally stopped.

"When old two comes back, have him make a trip to the Rongan Hall."

She was going to complain to her son again. But if this was effective, Shen Yi Yao's group wouldn't have come back.
......

After leaving the Rongan Hall, Chen-shi and Xue-shi said their farewells to Shen Yi Yao. Xue-shi smiled and said she had to let sis-in-law settle down today, and will visit the Jinse Pavilion tomorrow. Shen Yi Yao didn't refuse.

Over the last three years, Xue-shi had never stopped sending goodwill towards the manor. Even a stone would feel some warmth.

On the way back, Shen Yi Yao said: "Ah Yan, you don't have to go against your grandmother for your mom's sake."

"It's not for your sake."

Knowing her daughter was stubborn, Shen Yi Yao's expression was gentle as she said: "Even if she targets your mom, your mom won't suffer."

Yan Yan didn't believe this at all. Her mom had always been soft. Even if she got bullied to death, she would smile and say it was fine. But she wasn't able to watch any longer. Although these were her thoughts, it came out differently and was rather caustic.

"You keep crouching if she doesn't tell you to rise? She has her maids neglect you and you just endure? What's the use of enduring? Are you still thinking everything can be fine at this point? Let me tell you, ever since we returned, nothing can be fine!"

She didn't look at Shen Yi Yao's expression. She said rigidly: "There's still some things to do at the Ningxiang Chambers. I'll be leaving first."

Yan Mo glanced at his sister's angry figure and then glanced at Shen Yi Yao. "Mom, I'll also go see if the house is cleaned."