Chapter 79

Since this was a young generation under the old lord duke, he was also his junior.

Commander Xie, Xie Mao, had Luo Huai Yuan's group brought back to his own estate and showed them great hospitality.

Luo Huai Yuan didn't know what Xie Mao was thinking, but since he was able to become the commander of Fujian's capital, he naturally knew a lot of things others weren't aware of.

Although he didn't seem to have pledged his allegiance to anyone, he was actually part of the Zhenguo Duke's faction. The court was currently deadlocked regarding the matter of lifting the embargo. The lord duke sending over a member of the younger generation at this time stirred his thoughts.

One was an old fox and one was a young fox. On the surface they were harmonious but they crossed swords several times.

They each wanted get information from the other but both sides were unsuccessful in the end.

Luo Huai Yuan stayed in Xie Mao's official residence for three days. During these three days, he had cleared out the time to arrange a welcoming banquet. Those on the inside knew the old and young foxes were having an exchange of blows but it wasn't that simple for those on the outside.

Everyone had some thoughts about this pirate-fighting little hero who came out of the blue and made such large waves. Could he have been arranged by Commander Xie? Was he trying to raise up the younger generation?

This won't be mentioned for now.

Having interacted with Luo Huai Yuan for a few days, Commander Xie had also understood that this junior was tight-lipped. Although he looked very young, his thoughts were very meticulous.

In the end, he revealed some classified information. He told Luo Huai Yuan that Shen Xuan was about to come to Fujian and take up the role of the navy's commanding officer.

If this were his previous life, Luo Huai Yuan naturally wouldn't keep this Shen Xuan in mind. But in this life he knew everything that had to do with the little consort. Hearing Xie Mao mention Shen Xuan, he knew it could only be that person.

The Zhenguo Duke's eldest grandson, Shen Dong's eldest son, the only person in the Shen household who didn't follow their ancestor's footsteps. Instead, he ran off to the navy. The Grand Xi's main forces were ground troops. Although there was a navy, their previous splendor had waned during the almost a hundred years of embargo. The land and sea troops were different groups. Even if the Zhenguo Duke was the left commander-in-chief of the five armies, Shen Xuan wasn't able to use much of that influence.

Luo Huai Yuan had heard a lot about Shen Xuan in his past life. This was because in the end, when the Zhenguo Duke Estate was being suppressed and on the decline, the Jin Emperor never dared touch the Shen household. This was because they still had Shen Xuan.

At that time he had already become Fujian's naval commander. After the embargo was lifted, half of the Grand Xi's commerce came from trade overseas. Shen Xuan had operated Fujian's navy for a long while and protected the Grand Xi's entire territorial waters. How could the Jin Emperor dare break off this arm?

Putting things together, Luo Huai Yuan couldn't help but but praise the Zhenguo Duke's foresight and planning.

It looks like the Zhenguo Duke had long since found an escape route for the Shen household. Otherwise, Shen Xuan wouldn't have left the household and joined the navy. He had used the lifting of the embargo to awe the Grand Xi's entire waters. If the east isn't bright, the west would be. There had to be a place where the court, and even the emperor, had to rely on the Shen household.

Since Xie Mao knew about this matter, there was no need to doubt him. He was definitely the Zhenguo Duke's trusted aide. Then why was he probing him? Did he think his trip this time was to carry out some important mission?