Chapter 142

Seeing the situation, Sun Shi Min's first reaction was to furrow his brows.

Yan Yan was easy to recognize because of her consort's outfit. This wasn't to say Yan Yan was trying to bully others using her status. It was just more convenient to wear the outfit so she wouldn't be stopped and questioned about her identity.

Sun Shi Min stood up and cupped his hands in salute: "Consort, was there something you wished to discuss with this subordinate official? Why knock down the doors? This isn't something a consort should be doing. Hopefully consort will be more mindful in the future."

A group of people were watching the show outside. They were all the adjutant office's subsidiary officials. Everyone knew very well that the adjutant's office had an old stick who constantly preached at the Yun Prince. The Yun Prince was really good-natured. If it were anyone else, he would have been beaten until his parents didn't recognize him.

Didn't the one in the Qi Province beat his adjutant? The court merely sent a note over rebuking the Qi Prince, but the beating had already happened. If you were capable, you can feel free to strike back! After the adjutant suffered his beating, the Qi Prince didn't lose any skin and submitted a letter of apology. His majesty ultimately still had that adjutant relocated and thrown to some remote corner.

Therefore, although no one said anything about it, they were waiting for the day the Yun Prince could no longer endure and taught the adjutant a lesson. Actually, Sun Shi Min wasn't only admonishing the Yun Prince daily, he also preached at the others which annoyed them greatly. Unexpectedly, the Yun Prince wasn't provoked but the Yun Consort had been provoked into coming over.

Everyone knew the reasoning behind this. They had heard about Adjutant Sun urging the Yun Prince to take in concubines. This old man was really nosey. He fussed about everything and even fussed about who the Yun Prince was sleeping with. No wonder the Yun Consort's expression was so ugly. He was clearly disrupting the couple's harmonious life. Who else would she go find trouble with?

"Don't bother preaching to this consort. This consort is just a woman and doesn't understand these things. The reason I came today was to tell you to stop nosing into our rear court's business. As the Yun Consort, I have yet to say anything so what sort of deity are you supposed to be, old man?"

Sun Shi Min saw the Yun Consort's undignified conduct and lamented bitterly. He stomped his feet continuously and spoke a whole bunch of things related to the virtues of women. Yan Yan had never learned this before and didn't understand a word. Seeing him shaking his head and not planning on stopping anytime soon, her gaze fell upon the memorandum on the table.

The whip in her hand curled and the document landed in her hand. After taking a look, Yan Yan grew furious.

"I called you an old man but you really seem to be an old stick! This consort has never seen someone like you. Since when did subordinates request women for their superiors? What great face you have! Aren't you putting the cart before the horse? Whether someone gets admitted to the rear residence depends on this consort. Since when is it your turn to speak?"

Sun Shi Min was worried his written memorandum would be ruined in Yan Yan's hand while also lamenting over these shrewish and tigress in makeup sounding words.

Yan Yan couldn't be bothered to listen to him. She threw the memorandum into the air and flicked her wrist. That documents turned into a scattering of white butterflies that gently drifted downwards. Then, the whip struck out in all directions and loud cracks rang out. After the sound faded, a scattered mess was revealed.

What startling destructive force!

The crowd of officials all shrunk their necks as they snuck glances at the Yun Consort. They all wondered what it would look like if this whip landed on Adjutant Sun's frail body. They ended up concluding he would probably no longer exist.