Chapter 53

Luo Huai Yuan, who Yan Yan was curious about, was currently struggling.

The reason was none other than money. Doing anything required money, and without it everything was moot.

After pooling all his and Xiao An Zi's assets, he realized that the two of them practically had no money. Xiao An Zi was actually richer than him by a bit, and could piece together a few broken pieces of silver. This was all his own savings from his years of honest hard work.

Luo Huai Yuan's situation was tragic. After searching himself all over, he couldn't come up with a single coin.

What need does a prince have for silver? Everything he needed was in the palace. The wealthier princes naturally rewarded their servants lavishly, handing out gold nuggets and leaves. But this didn't have anything to do with Luo Huai Yuan. As a prince who wasn't favored, he even had to go without food occasionally. Who would give him silver to reward his servants?

His clothes were made of decent material and he had quite a few jades and ornaments. But everything from the imperial palace was restricted. Only idiots would accept these things. Of course, Luo Huai Yuan also wouldn't exchange these things for money. If it were discovered, the cost would be too high to imagine.

Very poor! Extremely poor!

The prince's estate did have silver in its account. The prince's living expenses were also arranged by the internal affairs department, and part of it included some daily allowance for the prince. But these silvers weren't in Luo Huai Yuan's hands. The general managing eunuch of the fourth prince estate was an obstacle that guarded the doors. Therefore, it was no different from not having it at all.

Even if he found some excuse to ask for some spending money, what could a few hundred taels do?
Luo Huai Yuan was about to despair. Just about to!
.......

Xiao An Zi opened the door and came in. He carried various cakes and snacks in his hands, as well as two candied fruit skewers.

"Highness, this servant went and bought everything you asked for."

In the corner of the room, Luo Huai Yuan held a medicine pestle, huffing and puffing as he rolled it around.

Seeing Xiao An Zi come in, he put the copper roller in his hands down and snatched the candied fruit skewer, biting off one of the fruits into his mouth.
"That old thing didn't question this and that, right?"

Xiao An Zi wiped off his sweat. "That he didn't do. When General Manager Xi saw this servant bring back a lot of snacks, he merely took a glance and didn't say anything."

"That makes sense. He'd get tired if he questioned you every day." Luo Huai Yuan mumbled vaguely.
Xiao An Zi put the various packages in his hands on the table. Two yellow paper bags were picked out by him. "This is what you had me buy."

Luo Huai Yuan was first delighted, but then twisted his lips. "Such a small amount. It'll be used up in no time."

Xiao An Zi didn't even have the strength to be sullen. "Highness, we couldn't get anymore. Otherwise, it would be discovered by General Manager Xi."

Luo Huai Yuan harrumphed as he chewed on the candied fruit in his mouth.
"Tired?"

Xiao An Zi nodded. Of course he was tired. He had wandered over half of the capital, stopping everywhere with tasty snacks. He went from the western part of the city to the south. Anyone would be tired.

"Hungry?"

Xiao An Zi wanted to nod but paused.
"Eat some cakes if you're hungry."

Xiao An Zi's face was sullen. He made a pot of tea and started opening the packages of snacks. Recently, he and the fourth prince had eaten cakes and snacks every day. They ate so much they were about to puke. This was because the fourth prince "liked" eating cakes. He "liked" it so much he didn't even eat food anymore.