Chapter 157

Luo Huai Yuan's words made the group panic incessantly.

However, where should they run to in the middle of the ocean? Were they still in the tiger's den, and had merely been given a brief respite?

Luo Huai Yuan ignored the crowd and led the way with hurried steps. Before long, he already descended to the second level and he continued searching for a way further down.

That goateed old man hurriedly asked what he was planning after seeing this.

Since it had come to this, Luo Huai Yuan didn't intend to keep things hidden. He said that most ships had a backup lifeboat. This sort of lifeboat was rarely used. Normally, if something happened to this kind of cargo ship, they would already be in the middle of the ocean. There was no use in getting on such a small lifeboat. However, it was better than nothing. They could only rely on this lifeboat to escape. Regardless, they couldn't remain on the ship.

Although the old man was still filled with worry, he forced himself to remain calm and started leading the way. It seemed he was very familiar with the internal layout of the ship. Without considering whether he could find the lifeboat, it was still better than Luo Huai Yuan's blind searching. The people had already realized that Luo Huai Yuan had no idea where he was going.

"This old fogey knows where the lifeboat is?" Luo Huai Yuan was a little doubtful.

The goateed old man smiled bitterly: "This old man used to work on a ship prior to becoming a merchant. These ships are all pretty much the same so I know the general area."

Things were desperate and there was no time to think too much.

The few people soon found themselves in the third layer of the ship. After twisting and turning, they seemed to have reached the rear of the ship and arrived in a crude hold. The old man felt around on the floor and lifted a plank, revealing a narrow hidden opening. There seemed to be a simple wooden ladder inside.

The old man chose to go down first. Luo Huai Yuan gave a signal and one of the guards followed after. Before long, that guard peeked his head out, "Master, there's a boat down here."

Luo Huai Yuan nodded and ordered Xiao An Zi and the other guard to go first. Then, he glanced at the hidden door and hesitated before stepping down.

It turned out that the reason he had them go first wasn't because he was afraid the old man was playing tricks. It was because that door was too small. He estimated that he would fit, but it would definitely be a little difficult. For the sake of not letting anyone see his wretched appearance, he chose to go last.

It was really effing tight!

Luo Huai Yuan forcibly squeezed himself inside. Previously he never thought much of it when Yan Yan told him to lose weight. Now he felt that being fat was really a little cumbersome.

Xiao An Zi and the two guards were busy helping the old man and naturally didn't pay attention to him. By the time Luo Huai Yuan walked over panting, no one thought much about it.

The boat wasn't big, but it was different from the lifeboat Luo Huai Yuan imagined. It was around six to seven meters long and three meters wide. It had a mast and a sail as well as three sets of oars. Not only could they use the wind, they could also manually row.

Seeing this, Luo Huai Yuan had more confidence in escaping. He hadn't dared to imagine how they would escape the pirates if the lifeboat was like the ones in the modern world.

He looked around. This was an enclosed hold. How were they supposed to get it outside?

There was no need for him to think further. The goateed old man felt around the wall. Soon, he called the two guards over and they exerted their strength to push the wall over.