27- Friends

27- Friends

Nandini didn't move out of her room. She was so lost in her pain. That didn't bother her much because she lived in between four walls all over her life of 18 years. All those years she yearned to impress her parents but now there is nothing to impress because she lost them. 

She just had the food that was got by Maya and sat talking with her teddy.

One afternoon, she was sitting in her room suddenly the dog pepped inside her room. She got used that dog is guarding her as per Manik's order.

Unlike other times nandini acted strong she install pulled the quilt and covered her teddy from top to bottom. The dog just lay on her door carpet looking at her with puppy eyes.

Nandini just sat down beside the bed resting her back against the bed while looking at the dog lying near the door. She felt bad remembering that she hurt him with the bottle in anger.

She grabbed the chocolate box beside and placed chocolate on the plate and pushed it towards the dog.

It looked confused not finding any detail about it. Nandini grabbed another chocolate and licked it having a bite.

The dog followed her and it got so excited tasting new flavour in life. He crawled to her.

Nandini moved back in fear and the dog stopped instantly seeing her scared face.

"Y... You want one more" she stammered in fear for which the dog nodded with soft bark.

She showed the box asking the dog to select as he wish. The dog tabbed its paw on the centre golden chocolate.

"It will take so yummy, bro" Nandini smiled excited opening its seal and gave it to the dog. She enjoyed seeing the dog happy eating. Once it was done the dog looked again at her.

"If you eat all in one day you will get diabetes and your boss will bark at me. I will keep it safe with me come tomorrow and eat " Nandini said cutely. The dog lay on the floor just in front of her.

"C...can I touch you once? Y... You shouldn't bite me or shout ok?" She asked permission the dog liad not making any move. Taking it as approval she softly caressed its head. The dog lay comfortable letting her rub him.

"You were so soft like my teddy. I'm sorry for hurting you. Sorry, bro, I love my teddy so much I didn't like you biting him. Sorry!" She apologised with guilt that the dog understood. Even Jack explained the same and he filled the dog's brain with positive words about Nandini.

The dog flipped asking Nandini to rub its belly. She remembered it doing the same with Manik. She rubbed making the dog happy that it rolled.

"I'm so jealous of you, bro. You know why?" She smiled rubbing his dog's head. It frowning as approval

"He brought us both, might be I'm much expensive, but he loves only you. Because he brought you with love and me with hate. So much discrimination na. Why not he make me his pet at least? He loves you so much. He got worried for just a small thing, but he didn't even bother after lashing me to bleed. Why so much hate for me? Am I that bad champ? I...I never did wrong to anyone, but still, I got only pain. Why everyone in this world is treating me like a thing? Even I have heart, emotions, and pain. Maybe he can't see me like a human, but at least he can treat me like you, right? A little care atleast like some creature. But I'm just a mere slave, unworthy and hateful. Why? Can't he make me his pet and give a least place in his life?" She cried broken to scars. The dog crawled to her in concern seeing her crying.

"You were so good. I'm sorry for hitting you. Will you be my friend?" Nandini asked wiping her tears while showing her hand. The dog gave its paw barking in joy.

"From today you are my bro ok? Come I will show you my best friend" Nandini smiled getting up. She unwrapped the quilt and showed her teddy.

"You shouldn't hurt him ok?" Nandini warned that the puppy blinked its eyes along with its ears.

"You are blue eyes are so scary bro, but they are beautiful. What shampoo you're using bro your hair is so soft?" She laughed rubbing its fur. As she was close to teddy Manik heard her last few words. He felt she is talking with Jack and Jack was always ready to save her.

Manik ran to her room worried and shocked to see her talking with his dog and teddy. The dog was sitting on the floor looking at her and she is sitting on the floor holding her teddy in middle.

He has hidden beside the wall hearing them, but his dog felt his presence and instantly got up running toward him. It jumped on Manik standing on its back leg. Nandini has seen his hand beside the door.

Feared of his presence she got up from the floor and ran inside the bathroom locking it inside which was heard by Manik.

"Is she talking with you ?" Manik asked his dog cupping his face. The dog barked in approval.

"Means, she isn't scared of you as well. It's just a drama" Manik muttered in hate. He checked her room for a while.

"But has fear of me. I should let the fear stay last long. First, let this jack leave" he murmured walking to his room.

Night,

As Manik decided to transfer Jack and Maya to give them peace. He got the letter and gave it to Jack.

"You transferred me?"

"It's written in detail," Manik said in his cold tone.

"Who will be your security here?" Jack asked again.

"I don't need any security. John can handle it!"

"What the hell he can handle? Don't even know buying chocolates properly" Jack scolded in anger.

"Shut up! I'm your boss" Manik argued.

"If you find me incapable I will resign but will not leave you" Jack muttered like a stubborn child.

"I'm promoting you to head office." Manik tried to explain.

"Then you also come."

"I had my business here" Manik said in a serious tone.

"Your business is to torture that innocent girl? You did all the shit with her except forcing her. Are you thinking of that? None gonna stop you here. After punching her every time in the end I'm going to apply ointment. Even if she dies her father will not tell you anything. She will also die one day just like your mother then you will keep crying in guilt forever."

"No, she will not die"

"Acha, tell me one reason why she should be alive? Atleast one reason, her own father sold her to be a slave and you're treating her so worst. There is no hope in life than how can anyone survive. You know hope is the only thing keeping us alive." Jack scoffed. Manik passed a glance of disbelief.

"Oh, you won't believe it, right? I was born to a lunatic and my mom was ready to die, but she got saved as your mom came and gave us hope You are alive with a hope to take revenge on the people who killed your mom. In the same way, she should also have hope to live. The day when she loses all hopes she will give up. You are doing so wrong. Cancel this order, if you force me using my mom then I will go and tell everything to Victor uncle. It's my promise than uncle will chop your head and separate parts." Jack blackmailed that Manik looked in shock with wide eyes.

"You can't do it!" Manik argued.

"Bro, I'm very bad. I liked her smile. You let her live and think of some other idea." Jack yelled making Manik more furious.

"I'm done with this nonsense. She is here just to bear my torture" Manik growled.

"It won't happen until I'm alive"

"You will also get live from here onwards. I will make sure you hear her every cry" Manik warned walking away frustrated. Jack just let a playful chuckle running upstairs, but this whole conversation was heard by Maya standing near the kitchen entrance she rushed back to convince Jack to stop provoking Manik.