158- Shield

158 - Shield

Having some lectures and debates they headed to the royal dining hall to enjoy their meal exclusively planned by the new couple. The table is decorated with various varieties of dishes and amazing flower bunches in the crystal vases and scented candles.

"Seems you planned a family candlelight dinner" Mr Jones chuckled admiring the ambience.

"Jack did this all, Dad. He was so good at this" Sheetal smiled admiring his effort. he never expresses cheesy lines or atleast drops some compliments, but everything he does is cares. He puts all his love as experience making them feel it live.

All the varieties are served one by one and they started having dinner enjoying the taste. "So Mr. Jones, I was wondering whether you are willing to give your only daughter to Jack. He wasn't working for me now, he is the chief secretary working under Nandini and he also has his security agency, maybe you have heard of Shield" Sheetal and her parents looked at Jack surprised.

"It is owned by Jack?" Her dad asked shocked.

"You didn't tell me" Sheetal impored glaring at Jack.

"I told you that I'm held responsible for more stakeholders"

"Hush, I thought about you being as CEO assistant for LP" She pouted tilting her head.

"Wow, you are the CEO of Shield Securities. I was just thinking of inviting your firm to take over my estate safety too. We recently had some security breaches from people within agency. If you are the CEO then why you didn't accept my appointment? Or you ignored for real" Her father asked eying him.

"Hmm, I asked my team to look into matter. Investigation is going on. I thought you may not like to work with me." Jack mumbled fidgeting his fork not lifting his eyes from his plate. Sheetal placed her hand on his thigh getting him raise his head frozen for a second.

"Are scared of my parents?" She asked in a low whisper.

"No justtt I... I don't know" Jack let out upset with himself. Manik and Nandini looked on waiting for Sheetal answer, but her dad responded. "We see your love, I felt you can't survive independently without Manik's support so we aren't willing to accept your love. But Nandini and Sheetal explained to us about you, we don't care about your family and in one year you had launched your company and it is popular. Everyone are discussing about you but you are hiding behind, why? Do you have any phobia?"

"Haha, he is an introvert dad, he doesn't even have a DP for his Social media and not even any photos. No wonder we don't even have one proper selfie" Shettal laughed out everyone joined. Jack forced a smile to stay confident but it's his nature to be out of attention throughout his life.

"I know outside world is toxic sometimes, but we are part of it. You deserve to show your success, it would open more opportunities for you. Think about it" Victor advised wisely.

"I had an award ceremony next Sunday. Would you like to join me?" Jack asked Sheetal out of nowhere. Everyone was awed at his bold attempt.

"Join you like?" Sheetal smirked eying him.

"Like my fiance, That's my first achievement of life. I want my women to be with me. Can I get the honour of having you on my side forever?"